Would you guys recommend taking Micro or Anatomy/Phys first?Register Today!
- by futureRN-BSN Mar 2, '10I just finished a semester of combined gen chem/orgo/and biochem. Thanks for the input!
- Mar 2, '10 by MichaelxyI really do not think it will matter much as they are very different courses. Have you taken a basic bio course like bio 101? That would help for both.
- Mar 2, '10 by CuriousMeI'd say A&P first as an understanding of the immune system might help in Micro.
- Mar 2, '10 by AustryaI just told a friend yesterday that I would definitely take A&P and chemistry before micro.
I'm taking micro right now after having taken A&P and chem last semester. I'm having an easier time with it because we're going over cell membranes, osmosis, cellular respiration, fermentation, DNA, antibodies, antigens, etc. The people who really seem to be struggling in the class haven't taken A&P or chem yet and don't get how it all works together. I'm not saying it can't be done, I just think it would make the experience a lot more enjoyable.
- Mar 2, '10 by SaysfaaI asked many people. Profs and students who were in either class or had taken either. Almost no one would recommend one over the other. They all said either way works. Which ever you take first will make the other easier. I'm taking the A/P first and about half of the class has had micro, they are having a much easier time in my class but remember people in their micro class that had a much easier time because they remembered so much from their A/P class.
- Mar 2, '10 by Brightenit doesnt matter. I took Anatomy (seperately) then micro then physio.
- Mar 2, '10 by AssailantsI'd do A/P first.
- Mar 4, '10 by sugarlipsMy school has A&P as prereqs for microbiology. Even if they weren't would still take Anatomy and Physio before Micro. Unfortunately I ended up taking Physio and Micro at the same time, worked out ok, but one of the hardest semesters I've ever completed.