Where is the best nursing schoolRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Where is the best nursing school in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... I am new to the nursing world and am starting the 2013 year of with getting my plans to school...by caringkind11 Jan 3I am new to the nursing world and am starting the 2013 year of with getting my plans to school started but need ideas for schools. Any ideas. If so please respond. This is my first thread on here so don't know how to do much just yet. Anyways let me know where u know if good schools. Thanks and happy New Years
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805832©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,318 Views
- Jan 3 by x_factorThere's many good nursing schools in every state, you just need to do your homework on them. Compile a list of nursing programs that you are interested in, and then research each one. Look at their accredidation, retention rate, NCLEX pass rate, ect. Doing your homework on any potential school you plan to invest your time and money into is vital before making a decision on where to attend.
- Jan 3 by Chelsea13Tied for #1: John's Hopkins (I'm applying here), University of PA, Universit of WA
Tied for #4: University of CA-San fran, University of NC-Chapel Hill
#6: University of Michigan
Tied for #7: Duke, Oregon Health and Science U, Yale, U of Pittsburgh
Tied for #11: U of Maryland (I'm applying here too), U of Illinois-Chicago, and U of Iowa
- I was thinking UCLA as we'll but I'm unsure at this moment.
- Jan 4 by StephalumpI don't know about "best." Are you looking for prestige or the absolute best training you can find?
- Jan 4 by UVA Grad NursingOne bit of information -- the US News rankings are for Graduate programs in nursing. There is no national ranking for undergraduate or pre-licensure nursing programs.
- Jan 4 by Esme12I suggest you look for good school in your state and go from there......get the fundamentals then think about advanced/graduate programs.
- Stephalump as for a respond to yourself I want a school that is both awesome classes and training but also we'll known. I would prefer not to go to a community college but if need be I will.
- Jan 4 by soulshine101To start with, are you looking in-state or relocating if the opportunity presents itself?
- Relocation because I'm kinda bored with the same old things and people every day lol