What was your Pre-req GPA?Register Today!
- by Topher53 Jan 5It's something I stress about every day. I have a 3.69. What was yours before you applied to a nursing program?
- Jan 5 by HH_RN13Mine was 3.7 overall but 4.0 in the nursing school prereqs. I was accepted in 4 out 5 programs I applied to :-) 3.69 seems good to me!
- Jan 5 by queseraseraI currently have a 3.8
In my opinion and from the multitude of posts on here are long as you're at about a 3.5 and have a good teas you're a solid candidate!
- Jan 5 by meeepYou would think so, huh?! There are some schools in GA turning down 3.75's. Craziness. Thankfully there are other options available! If I do well in my remaining prereqs, I will have a 3.75. Praying I do well on the TEAS!!
- Jan 5 by mytwoboysmomMeeep,
The University of West Georgia is now going with a “core”GPA with all attempts at a class counted. I was at orientation yesterday, and a lot of people are unaware of this change, and they were not too happy to find out that the GPA they thought they had was WAY lower than the GPA UWG was calculating they had. One girl who thought she had a 3.6 actually had a 2.1 when they averaged in the classes she WF in her freshman year.
- Jan 6 by meeepWow, seriously? I dont see how that change is beneficial to anyone. Glad I'm sticking to schools around Atlanta.
- Jan 6 by Topher53I'm located in Texas (SanAntonio)
- Jan 6 by x_factorQuote from meeepI agree, it's pretty competitive out there. The ADN program I am applying to has a cut-off range that ranges from 3.6-3.8. I was told for the last round of admissions last year the cut-off was a solid 3.7.You would think so, huh?! There are some schools in GA turning down 3.75's. Craziness. Thankfully there are other options available! If I do well in my remaining prereqs, I will have a 3.75. Praying I do well on the TEAS!!
Also, not every school does TEAS, some do HESI. My school requires the HESI exam, with a minimum of a 75 cumulative to be eligible for admission (and only one chance per year to take it, they don't allow re-takes).
I currently have a 4.0, finishing up the last of my pre-reqs this coming spring semester, for hopeful fall admission. Hopefully I can finish this semester with my GPA intact. Fingers crossed.
- Jan 6 by thelittledoeI have a 4.0 in my pre-req's and an undergraduate BA in Criminal Justice with a 3.6. I'm applying for an Accelerated 2nd Degree Program, but the ASN program with a BSN bridge is my backup. Unfortunately the Accelerated program only has a 10% acceptance rate. SO NERVOUS!
- Jan 7 by Topher53Bump!