Pre-Entrance exam for RNRegister Today!
- by princess2008 Apr 2, '06I was wondering, has anyone taken the pre-entrance exam for the RN program? Is it hard? What is on the test? And last but not least, how do they grade? Thanks
- Apr 3, '06 by Angels'princess2008
Welcome to allnurses.com
A pre-nursing student,
- Apr 3, '06 by chiynadolQuote from princess2008Yes, I have just taken the TEAS test, however, different schools give different test but I think it is basically all the same. It's basic math, english, science and reading. The test I took wasn't that hard. Just find out what test you have to take and get a study guide and you will do fine.I was wondering, has anyone taken the pre-entrance exam for the RN program? Is it hard? What is on the test? And last but not least, how do they grade? Thanks
- Apr 3, '06 by princess2008Hi and thank you both for your replys. It's the TCS/2 test and I will get the guide to study.
- Apr 8, '06 by AimmieHi Princess,
I called the school that I am applying to and they are also administering the TCS2 exam. I think the test is about (critical thinking) but I am not sure if that is it. Maybe you can tell me what study guide you are using, hopefully it will help me too. Thanks
- Apr 8, '06 by Fun2, RN, BSNQuote from princess2008I was wondering, has anyone taken the pre-entrance exam for the RN program? Is it hard? What is on the test? And last but not least, how do they grade? Thanks
Welcome to AllNurses.com!
I took the NET, and it didn't have science. It really tested your critical thinking skills and makes sure you have at least the high school level math.
Schools give different exams, so it's hard to give information for your exam w/o the name of it.
Good luck to you!!!
- Apr 8, '06 by AimmieThank you, I just found out the name is called Test Critical Skills 2 with verbal reasoning. I was hoping someone had a suggestion on a possible study guide.
- Apr 8, '06 by FaeriewandThe RN programs at the community colleges in my area do not have a pre-entrance test. You take your pre-reqs and then get on the waiting list. But the LVN school has one and it is the DET which is very hard. College level reading and critical thinking and graphs and High school math. No science. Everyone got different study guides and they helped. I went to my local library to pick some up but others got there before me and they were all gone! LOL If you get a couple different ones you'll be well prepared. What prepared me best of all were my college classes in Algebra. Then the study guide was reminding me of what I had forgotten. Good luck to you!