Labtop or ipad for nursing school????? - Page 5Register Today!
- Quote from emt0089Cool thanks for info!!!Everyone has their own technological preferences, but I would highly recommend the MacBook Air.
It only weighs 2.38 lbs and when it's closed and in its sleeve, it's comparable to the size of a slim notebook. It boots up and shuts down instantaneously allowing me to quickly access the internet, my documents and online academic materials. Web browsing, accessing videos, researching and writing papers has never been easier. It's a smaller laptop, but it has a full size keyboard which is very comfortable. The "track pad" is also convenient in that I can swipe between screens/web pages and even alter the size of the text.
Apple products tend to be on the pricier side (I think a brand new 11" MBA costs around $999), but I was able to get mine refurbished for $700 from the Apple store and it came with a one year warranty. I've had it for 9 months and have never had any problems with it.
Good luck with your search, and best of luck to you in nursing school! :-)
- Quote from ILoveHealthCareGreat! I'm really leaning towards Ipad but maybe the Mac airI have an iPad that I use to type up all of my papers and do everything imaginable on the only thing I have are mandatory videos to watch and that is the only thing I use my macbook pro for since they are on CDs. They also come with DVD's but we only have one tv in my house. Lol! I haven't run into any other problems. I can print with an app directly from my iPad which was fairly cheap. I also have a keyboard case which I love!! Pages also let me format my papers the way my teacher need them. I definitely love it. It's so light weight.
It's a beautiful day to save lives.
- Jul 27 by dane2010What kind of storage did you get? I'm hoping to get most of my books on an ipad, is that what you've done? Thanks in advance!!
- Aug 1 by nursingismycalling25Quote from goingtothedogsDo you have a special app to do that?I have an iPad and a laptop-- I leave the laptop at home and take my iPad everywhere. Everywhere. My notes are so much more effective as study tools now that I can easily integrate pictures into them... A few classmates have gotten one after seeing what it can do. I do still write papers on my laptop, but I really spend more time with my iPad than anything.
You don't NEED one, but it really is awfully nice to have and to use. If you already have a computer at home, I highly recommend the iPad.
- Aug 1 by dtaleton88I have a samsung tablet 10.1 I use my tablet more than my laptop this semester I had biology all terms graphs notes pics needed I had it All of my notes are on my tablet phone and laptop
- Aug 1 by MsKris_CarolinaGirlI personally have an ipad and a laptop and i definitely prefer my laptop over my ipad. i use my laptop for everything and i use my ipad strictly for entertainment purposes. i truly feel like i cant function without my laptop. my ipad i can do without.