Just had my first A&P lab test. Study hard pays off
- 1Sep 10, '13 by Futurenurse75Good Evening everyone,
Just had my first A&P lab test. Felt real good, felt like i got a good score but will have to wait and see. Test was on Anatomical terms, Directional terms, planes, the place of different organs etc. I studied hard and its paying off. Just wanted to let people know, is to study hard from the get go, don't leave it to the last minute because that's not going to work due to so much memorization. I memorized bit by bit, day by day. Don't wait to find out he or she gives you a study guide and tells you maybe what's on the test. Study everything, which will make you well prepared. Good luck everyone, just wanted to share this with you all. Study hard
- 0Sep 11, '13 by HerringtonHere's what I've been doing:
-Read chapter before lecture (if it's a long chapter, then find a good spot to split the chapter, and read each part on different days, but still before the lecture).
-Go through lecture, take notes.
-Create flashcards based on notes, and go over them every day.
It probably seems pretty cliche, but eh, it's working for me (guess we'll see come exam time, eh?). We've also got exams over the lab worksheets from the Marieb & Mitchell book, so I go over those in conjunction with the flashcards. And I agree, illusion9376, the biochemistry seems to be my weak spot as well.
- 1Sep 11, '13 by MyOwnBlueSkyI had my first AP1 exam today. Lecture plus lab included chapters 1 and 2. Chemistry.. Lots of Chemistry, surface anatomy, systems organs and fictions, pH, and much much more. I got an A. Class average was a C. My instructor is awesome. Teaches how to study smarter. Not harder. I am doing the happy dance! WooHoo!
- 0Quote from HeathermaizeyGood luck with your test and lab practicum.My first lecture test is tomorrow in A&P II. Our first lab practicum is next Thursday. I think I have the endocrine system down I am a little worried about the blood. I don't have that down completely yet. Going to study after I eat.
- 0Quote from MyOwnBlueSkyCongrats on getting the A on the lecture and lab. What are some of the things your instructor says regarding studying smarter? I'm trying to study smarter, but seems like i study more harder than i should doI had my first AP1 exam today. Lecture plus lab included chapters 1 and 2. Chemistry.. Lots of Chemistry, surface anatomy, systems organs and fictions, pH, and much much more. I got an A. Class average was a C. My instructor is awesome. Teaches how to study smarter. Not harder. I am doing the happy dance! WooHoo!
- 0Sep 12, '13 by ♫patiently_waiting❤My first A&P lab test is gonna killlll me. I already know it. We started school on August 19th, our first practical isn't until October 17th. We will have to memorize 150-200 different terms and know where they are in the body. That's just toooo much & going to lab twice a week isn't going to help. I've been doing alot of studying at home tho. We have had a cadaver quiz in lab and I made a 100. For now, I'll be focusing on my lecture test which is this upcoming Monday-our study guide is 15 pages long so I've already started studying. After that I will get back on the lab portion of A&P.