I want to become a nurse so BAD and to get accepted into a program BUTRegister Today!
- by stefonee356 Aug 22, '12my GPA is a 2.5. I screwed around my first few years of college and didn't take school seriously. 2 years ago I decided I wanted to do nursing and I have been dedicated ever since. I finished all my prereqs, now I just have to take the TEAS, ACT, and do CPR (im applying for 3-4 diff programs for LVN and ADN programs). I KNOW I can do it, I just don't know if my previous college years will come back to haunt me. Is it possible to get accepted into an ADN or LVN? I am very determined and KNOW I CAN DO IT!!!! Any thoughts? Please!!
- 1,053 Views
- Aug 22, '12 by stefonee356Oh and I have mainly B's in all my prereqs with 3 C's and a couple A's.
- Aug 22, '12 by zoe92I think you should just apply to all kinds of programs in your regional area. The worst that can happen is they say no, and then you can reapply. Just do well in whatever pre reqs you have left and maybe retake the classes you got C's in.
- Aug 22, '12 by daisygartenApply and see what happens. Also identify your worst grades and retake those classes. Improve your GPA, show the application teams that you are serious!Last edit by daisygarten on Aug 22, '12 : Reason: restatement
- Aug 22, '12 by gelibeanI am in your shoes as well.... I didn't care for school the beginning of my school years. I just dedicated myself since last Fall 2011 and I am conditionally accepted for my school so I need to pass this pharmacology this semester and pass the math test at the end of the semester in order to start in the Spring 2013. So I am going to be dedicated all the way this semester
I have taken the TEAS and HESI.. I've also done my vaccinations, CPR session and background check, so I should have everything done for now.
- Aug 22, '12 by umbdudeADN/LVN programs probably don't look at your undergrad GPA because they don't assume their applicants to have that level of education. I think many do look closely at TEAS and/or pre-req GPA, and it depends on how competitive the program is. You should go into the schools you're interested in and ask about their selection process. In general, if you do have C's in the key science courses (A&P and Micro) that could be a huge drag and should think about retaking them.
- Aug 22, '12 by SlaveHeartSome schools only look at your prereq gpa. They say you must have a minimum of 3.0 but it's just in the pre reqs and not all of your classes! Just check with each school in your area to see the requirements. Hopefully you can find one with a waitlist where you meet the minimums and get in.
- Aug 22, '12 by stefonee356Thanks, yall! I am still going to apply. I have B's in all my sciences. I have a C in both compositions and speech. I wish I would have known what I wanted to do since day 1, but better late than never!