I Did Not Make It In :(
- 0Hello Good People,
I did not make in to LVN school (Hacienda La Puente). The notice said that my scores were high enough for entry into the psych tech program. I don't know if that is what to do or if I want to try for the LVN program again (starts in June). From what I heard psych tech= more job opportunities + less pay and LVN= less job opportunities + more pay.
I know if I had to do over again, there would be somethings I would do differently such as: dress professionally, submit transcripts from attended colleges and university, leave home 2 to 3 hours early, to make sure I would arrive on time and devise a better study plan for all of the quizzes.
- 2Dec 5, '12 by sharpeimom GuideI'm sorry you didn't get into your program. How about another idea instead? Have you considered taking some prereqs at a community college and applying for admission to an associate degree RN program instead?
I'm not putting LPN/LVN programs down, you'll have more options available to you in the future. Please don't jump all over me! Just look at this as a temporary setback. Whatever you do, you'll be great at it.
- 0Dec 5, '12 by elegant.lil.ladyI'm so sorry you weren't accepted!
I definitely recommend asking them why you were rejected. When I first applied to nursing school and was rejected, I asked them what areas of my application were weak and what I could have done to make myself a stronger candidate. At one school, the Assistant Dean had a phone call with me. She was so nice and sincere.
If your grades and scores were high and competitive, maybe get some healthcare experience? Even just volunteering at a hospital and getting that floor experience can really help. I spent my summer becoming a CNA, volunteering at a hospital, and taking a medical terminology course. They were definitely impressed at my next applicant interview and could tell that I really wanted this. (Since I got in!)
- 0I was not accepted due to my scores not being high enough. There were over 100 potential students that had taken the assessment test and was allowed to take the pre-lvn class. For the pre-lvn class, they grade the applicants on everything: how you are dressed, if your hair is styled according to the handbook, if you are late, did you bring in all the A&P quizzes, scores for the big A&P quiz and handbook quiz and answers to interview questions (in addition to any transcripts or related work experience).
- 0I would not jump all over you. LOL. The only reason that I am going for my LVN an not my RN is because I am currently off work (laid off 10/2011) and I am trying to do something while I have the WIA funds and I am off work. I have some prereqs done but not enough to apply and wait for entrance into an impacted RN program.
- 1Dec 5, '12 by x_factorQuote from Puddin2dayAccording to your above statement, you dressed unprofessionally, failed to submit transcripts from prior colleges, were 2-3 hours late for the interview, and did not adequately study for the required quizzes? Is all this true? If so, this is likely why you were not accepted. Again, I am only going off what you posted.I know if I had to do over again, there would be somethings I would do differently such as: dress professionally, submit transcripts from attended colleges and university, leave home 2 to 3 hours early, to make sure I would arrive on time and devise a better study plan for all of the quizzes.
Either way, I would devise a plan to change whatever issues were a factor in being denied into the program, and either re-apply, or as another poster suggested, look into taking pre-reqs at a local community college and go for your RN.
- 0No, I did not dress unprofessionally, I was wearing a nice blouse and pair of pants, I did not wear a suit. I never said that I was 2 -3 hours late, I said, "I would have left home 2 to 3 hours earlier", meaning so I could endure the traffic and bad weather. The scores were based on everything, test scores , how you dressed , hair groomed , nails done, paper work completed, experience in the heatlh field, etc. The highest scores got in.