How many schools should I apply to?Register Today!
This is a discussion on How many schools should I apply to? in Pre-Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... How many schools have you guys applied to/plan to apply to? I've heard a lot of people saying that...by fbrlauren Mar 3How many schools have you guys applied to/plan to apply to? I've heard a lot of people saying that it's best to apply to as many as possible. It would be a lot easier if ever program had the same requirements. /:
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=819187©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 385 Views
- Mar 3 by AmberHopefulRNI only applied to one because I was only able to get the pre-reqs finished for that one program by the application deadline and it was my first choice anyway. I got accepted, but if I hadn't I would have taken the pre-reqs for the other programs in the area and applied to several schools for next year.
- Mar 3 by fbrlaurenQuote from AmberHopefulRNCongratulations!!! Do you mind me asking what your stats are?I only applied to one because I was only able to get the pre-reqs finished for that one program by the application deadline and it was my first choice anyway. I got accepted, but if I hadn't I would have taken the pre-reqs for the other programs in the area and applied to several schools for next year.
- Mar 3 by AmberHopefulRNThank you!!
My school didn't require any entrance testing; they only go by GPA. My GPA is currently a 4.0.
- Mar 3 by zoe92I applied to as many as I could. I really want to start nursing school this fall, so all it takes is acceptance from 1 school. Generally speaking, most of the schools had the same pre reqs. I think for a couple schools I still have to take 1 class over the summer, just nothing science related.
- Mar 3 by walke274I only applied to one program. The same as AmberHopefulRN, I wanted to get into a BSN program this Fall ('13) and I would have had only the prereqs done for the school I applied to. I was looking into UofM and MSU's accelerated programs, but they would have required a few extra pre-reqs than my program. I just got my acceptance letter yesterday!!
- Mar 3 by mrsbacktoschoolI only applied to one school (but an accelerated AND basic program) for nursing, but I was previously pursuing PA school and I applied to as many as I could fit in my budget. I found that setting a realistic budget helped me focus on the schools I preferred the most, instead of feeling lost in the application process or overwhelmed with fees. Applications can get pretty pricey, depending on the application process and all of the background checks, transcripts, fees, etc. needed.
- Mar 3 by fbrlaurenCongrats on your acceptance!! Most schools I'm looking into have similar major requirements, but have very different general education requirements. I find myself questioning how badly I want to apply to a certain school to take so many extra ge courses.
- Mar 3 by arodgers9I applied to many schools so that I would have a better chance of getting into a program. I know what you mean, its so inconvienent that no two school's pre reqs are the same! If I don't get accepted into the school I went to for my pre reqs, then I will be taking summer classes to finish the other classes I would need!