Fall 2012 Microbiology Students -- STAND UP! - Page 21Register Today!
- Nov 1, '12 by KimynurseSo good news bad news
Our school has been closed this week due to Sandy, but I'm a LPN and have been mandated at work for days.
I have a lecture test on Tuesday, and haven't started studying yet.
I need encouragement and a kick in the butt.
- Nov 1, '12 by Boxer MamaQuote from Ladylynn6Completely serious. We took the test Monday and we will not get them back until the following Wednesday.10 days? Are you serious or exaggerating? I would go nutzo if I had to wait 10 days for my grade. Heck, it drove me crazy to wait 5 hours for my midterm exam grade today.
- Nov 1, '12 by SopranoKrisWe just finished our last diagnostic tests on Monday. We'll interpret the results tomorrow and then we take our exam next week and start on Unknowns. Looking forward to the Unknowns. Hoping I get some interesting ones.
Our research paper is due next week. I was assigned Bacillus cereus. Since it's not the cause of major life-threatening illness, there isn't much literature out there on it. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to squeeze out 3 pages on this bacterium. Zzzzz
- Nov 6, '12 by Nurse2b7337I guess this is what I have to look forward to next semester! Hang in there you guys are halfway finished.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- Nov 6, '12 by SopranoKrisWe have a HUGE lab test tomorrow. Basically, almost any differential test you can think of is going to be on it (IMViC, Urease, DNAse, Sulfide, etc.) We have at least 18 different tests, their components and reactions to memorize for this one. It's easy to get them mixed up. I had to separate them into 2 groups - those that indicate a pH reaction and those that don't. Makes it easier to break it into chunks. Still...it's a lot to get straight. He doesn't make it easy on us. He expects us to know all the chemical reactions and writes out the chemical equation for each one and has us fill in the blanks. I haven't had chemistry in 18 years, so this has been a very tough unit!
Lecture exam is pretty easy this time, though. Just DNA replication and viruses. Not too bad. At least it balances out the tough lab exam. At our school, lab is a separate class from lecture. The lab is only 1 credit hour, whereas lecture is 4 credits. For a 1 credit class, we're doing just about the same amount of work as the 4 credit class!!! He's tough, but he's really good.
5 more weeks to go and we're done....yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Nov 6, '12 by KimynurseGood luck, we go back tonight after school
Being closed because of Sandy for a week.
We have a test that I'm not at all prepared for.