Elementary statistics or college algebraRegister Today!
- by DENISERONALDPOLITE Dec 15, '10I have decided that I want to join a sorority so I'm going to transfer to a four year school, luckily they have the same requirements as my current schol except a math. I can either take elementary statistics or college algebra I don't know which one I should do. I'm not looking for a terribly hard course because I suck and freeze up when faced with math. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
- Dec 15, '10 by ParkerBeanCurdRN,BSNIf you are going to work on a BSN, then I am certain one of your required courses will be Nursing Research. You will need to have a basic understanding of Stats in order to do well in the course. So, my suggestion, take the Stats course.
- Dec 15, '10 by DENISERONALDPOLITEQuote from ParkerBeanCurdSo do you know what statistics involve? Is it kind of like reading data information or something?If you are going to work on a BSN, then I am certain one of your required courses will be Nursing Research. You will need to have a basic understanding of Stats in order to do well in the course. So, my suggestion, take the Stats course.
- Dec 15, '10 by moonchild86Take Statistics!!!! College Algebra is 100X harder.
Elementary Statistics in general stats, you start off taking information (set of numbers) find the mode, median, mean, range and such and you build from there. The hardest part is memorizing what formulas to use for what you're looking for. The calculation is simple, you plug the numbers into the formulas. I can't express how much easier it is.
If math isn't your subject.. stats is the way to go.
- Dec 15, '10 by caliotter3Some schools require both courses. Be glad you have a choice at this point.
- Dec 15, '10 by DENISERONALDPOLITEThe way you stressed how muh easier it is I think I'm going to go with the statistics. Thanks you guys very much.