Community CollegeRegister Today!
- by youngz93 Feb 21For those of you who have been doing the pre-requisites in community college, i have one question. How long does it take for you to finish the pre-requisites, then finally transferred to four years university? Thanks!
Ps : I'm rather confused because all my friends keep urging me to transfer ASAP (even when my pre-reqs are not quite done yet)
- Feb 21 by adoRNo2b2015Depends if you're going for a AS or a BSN and what your community college offers. also keep in mind that at cc your credits will be much less expensive. Do you have a lots of pre reqs to go? How come are your friends pressuring you so much?
- Feb 21 by zoe92I'm at a community college taking pre reqs before transferring to a 4 year school for my BSN. I'm in my last semester now. It has taken me almost 2 years (since fall 2011). I always took at least 15 credits, which helped me finish sooner.
- Feb 21 by Sweet charmI am taking two semesters for my pre-reqs so a year. Then I will transfer for BSN
- Feb 21 by x_factorI'm in my 2nd semester of taking pre-reqs (started Fall of 2012) and I applied for the ADN program this semester for fall admission. If I wanted to apply for my BSN instead at the local University, I would only need 4 additional pre-req classes, which could be done together in one semester. So for me, it's been 2 semesters for my ADN, or 3 semesters if I decide to do my BSN.
- Feb 21 by RossholeJust make sure that you know ahead of time what school that you would like to transfer to to make sure that they will accept the credits from your specific CC
- Feb 21 by phoenixnimIt really depends. Each college has it's own list of pre-reqs. Check into the schools you want to transfer too, as well as their transfer policies. Some community colleges have articulation agreements with local colleges to make transfering easier, and more credits transfer, or some have program transfers.
It's a really good idea to research your future schools and make sure you aren't wasting time taking classes that won't transfer.
- Feb 21 by monica427It's going to take me about 4 semesters to complete my prereqs at a CC. I already have previous degrees so I only need sciences and it's taking so long because they're sequential. It does depend on the school though.
As for transferring, why are your friends encouraging that? To me it makes sense to take your prereqs at a CC because they're almost always less expensive than four year universities. I'd rather save money where I can!
- Feb 22 by Rossholeand remember, the material is the same no matter where you take it. If for some reason it is "easier" or "dumbed down" go to a different CC because it will just hurt you in the long run.
- Feb 24 by youngz93Quote from adoRNo2015I'm going in for BSN. The thing is, all my friend are transferring in just 1.5 years (they are not nursing major), so they keep urging me to apply for the same univ. as they are.Depends if you're going for a AS or a BSN and what your community college offers. also keep in mind that at cc your credits will be much less expensive. Do you have a lots of pre reqs to go? How come are your friends pressuring you so much?