Is it better to get a C in Nursing Pre-Req, or fail the class and retake?Register Today!
- by orchids1129 Mar 15Hello everyone!
This is for Statistics prereq.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=821796©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 746 Views
- Mar 15 by zoe92Can you get a C and possibly retake? I wouldn't fail it on purpose to retake it.
- Mar 15 by orchids1129Hello, thanks for replying! I can't retake with a C. At my school, it is only if you get a D or F that you can retake and replace the grade. Do you know if most nursing schools look at the higher grade, or take an average of the two?
- Mar 15 by HeatherMaxHow competitive is the program?
- Mar 15 by Nurse_Better get a C than fail or retake.
In the end, what they look at is your GPA. If you've taken and fail a class, that'll affect your GPA making it lower. Take the C and work hard on getting better grades with your other classes.
- Mar 15 by hodgieRNIDK, if you can get a grade forgiveness, it may look better. As long as the grade is replaced; not added on. Colleges look past withdrawing and forgiving. Everyone does it. It can be a good strategic move, but meet with an academic adviser tomorrow and check! I've had an academic adviser tell me "you should have withdrawn and grade forgiven it. Now, this grade is there for life." See what they say.
- Mar 15 by tinks599IDK how competitive your program is, but I got a C in sadistics and was just glad it was done. A realistic nursing program knows all students will have 'something' they struggle with. Chem & Sadistics was mine.
- Mar 16 by StayHumble11"Sadistics" hahahahaha I can't breathe !!!
- Mar 16 by FutureCRNA?Lol
- Mar 16 by SquishyLVNWhy don't you withdraw and take a "W" instead of the D or F if you don't think you'd pass with higher than a C?