Caffeine IntoleranceRegister Today!
- by hopefulnurse45 Jan 30Has anyone ever experienced Caffeine Intolerance? I think I am experiencing this now. I drank half a cup of coffee this morning and after drinking it I felt shortness of breath, very anxious, and urgency to urinate. Just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else on here.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=812224©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,247 Views
- Jan 30 by CoffeeGeekRNHas this happened before when you drank coffee?
- Jan 30 by loriangel14I wouldn't call it caffeine intolerance. Those syptoms can be the normal side effects of caffeine.You may be extra sensitive to it.
- Jan 31 by hopefulnurse45Quote from GadgitGurlRNYes it has. The doctor has told me to cut back on caffeine and I have. But I think I am just going to have to cut it out completely. I haven't had any in over 24 hours and I do not have any of those symptoms anymore.Has this happened before when you drank coffee?
- Feb 6 by AltraYes, I've known several die-hard coffee drinkers who suddenly experienced a major change in their response to caffeine as a result of a new med or after quitting smoking.
- Apr 5 by coriaa1i wouldnt drink coffee if i were you why go through this?
- Apr 5 by turnforthenurseRNI drink enough coffee as it is, but I actually used to drink a lot more when I was in nursing school. I had to cut back because I was experiencing palpitations and I could FEEL my cardiac output drop - I was very dizzy!
- Apr 5 by SuzieVNI've determined that as I age, I am more sensitive to coffee. Used to drink a pot, now one cup it the limit- and any caffeine past noon keeps me awake that night. Weird. When I worked 3-11 I drank coffee for 8 hours and slept like a baby.