Parish nursingRegister Today!
- by beaton Nov 11, '04Hello;
This my first posting and I'm not very computer savvy.
I am interested in Parish Nursing and live in the So. California area but have been unable to locate any training locations nearby. I am an RN, MSN with over ten years in home health.
If anyone has information about the nearest location it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, B Eaton
- 4,417 Views
- Nov 11, '04 by SmilingBluEyesWelcome! There is a parish nursing thread area, maybe you should visit there, too???? good luck to you!
- Nov 11, '04 by akcarmeanWelcome to allnurses.
- Nov 11, '04 by Ari RN
- Dec 12, '04 by monneliseI know Azusa Pacific University offers studies in parish nursing.
- Dec 22, '04 by celeste7767I must really be out of the loop but the term, Parish Nursing is new and completely foreign to me. I almost didn't ask I'm so embarassed at my ignorance. Please educate me on what I thought had to be nurses working in Louisiana or for Catholic Charities. Duhhhh.:imbar
- Dec 26, '04 by RetiredMSNHello Beaston. I was also a home care nurse until retirement, and have developed a Congregational Health (or Parish Nurse) Program in my own church since retiring. I have done a lot of reading and talking with others on the topic, but am not really an expert. However, it has been fun, challenging & very rewarding. I believe you will find information you need at the International Parish Nurse Resource Center. I do not have the website address, unfortunately, but, if you just type this into your web page search box, it will come up. You will find that home care is probably the best back ground for Parish Nursing. You will really enjoy it. RetiredMSN
- Dec 27, '04 by nightingaleHi RetiredMSN:
Welcome to AllNurses!
Let us know if you need anythingLast edit by nightingale on Dec 27, '04 : Reason: Brain TIA after no sleep
- Sep 22, '05 by rnaffahHi Nurses,i was wondering about the Parish nurses,i thought i am the only one ignoring the job description of this nursing.After reading your comments i understood evrything about this specialty.
- Oct 9, '05 by swombleHi All! I am in charge of making the invitaions for our commission ceremony in December in the Parish Nursing Program. I was wondering if anyone has a usable Parish Nursing Logo that would copy well onto invitations? I'd appreciate any advice or help! Susan