New Grad Jobs in Oregon???Register Today!
- by Liquidaddicted Jun 4, '10Hello all,
I recently graduated from nursing school (ASN) in Western New York and am seeking employment in Oregon... can anyone point me in the right direction? I spoke to a recruiter from OHSU and she said there is a lot of competition out there right now. Sort of the same story here (in buffalo). I was initially thinking Portland but my search is widening.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd really like to work in a hospital on a med/surg floor but recently thinking I may have to go to long term facility to get some experience first.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=483784©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 5,036 Views
- Jun 4, '10 by prowlingMAWelcome to Oregon. The major facilities in this area are OHSU, Providence Health System,Legacy Health System, Adventist, and Tuality. They each have several hospitals in the area. Online applying is the fastest way to get your resume in.
- Jun 4, '10 by Midwest4meI have a friend who works at the state mental hospital(Oregon State Hospital) in Salem. She told me awhile back that they were hiring. Unsure if that's still the case but it's being rebuilt and expanded(it's over 120 years old I believe and many areas are uninhabitable)so my guess it that they'd be hiring. I thought it interesting that that's the hospital where "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" was filmed. Good luck to you!
- Jun 4, '10 by oregonchinamomThere are some new grad jobs in beautiful Southern Oregon. Check the Asante website. The main hospital is Rogue Valley Medical Center in Medford.
- Jun 5, '10 by JROregonsamhealth.org
Samaritan Health takes applications April - June for new grads and hires in August. You might be a little late but check their site for new grad opportunities. A little less competitive south of Salem and in more rural areas. A lot of the larger cities are hiring BSNs only.Last edit by JROregon on Jun 5, '10 : Reason: wrong website
- Jun 5, '10 by JROregonIn fact, there is a new grad opening in Newport, OR. If you can deal with the Oregon Coast for a year, that could be your "in". NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) is moving to Newport so it could become and up and coming little city in the next few years.
- Jun 24, '10 by PACNWNURSINGBest of luck Oregon and Washington are saturated with grad nurses!!!!
- Jun 26, '10 by LoveMyBugsThe Portland Metro Area is saturated with new grads, there are 7 nursing schools that just graduated close to 600+ new grads. If you are willing to go eastern or southern Oregon there may be something, but I just graduated have sent out possible 50 resumes, and nothing.
The hospitals can be picky, and many hospitals systems in this area do not have the funds to hire and train new grads.
The Legacy system has had their new grad internships closed for the last 2 years and they have recently reopened it and they had 500 applications for 50 positions