Walden's MSN in Nursing, June 2012 - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 24, '12 by prashQuote from poetnyouknowitWhich one has more scope? Education or Informatics? I am already started doing Education. Wondering if I should switch to Informatics.$535/credit, first semester is 4 credits. Also technology fee of $130. Tuition, according to my enrollment advisor, goes up each fall. Books are included. However, there are tuition reduction options, such as partnerships. Because they have a partnership with my workplace, I get 10% off tuition.
- Apr 24, '12 by Sweet_Wild_RoseIf you mean scope of practice, they're the same. Still an RN license but not advance practice. It's just a different specialization, kind of like L&D and ICU are both nursing but different specialization. One for education, and one for ::shiver:: computers.
- May 7, '12 by ORRN01Yes!!!! I am torn between just going for it and doing the MSN program or obtaining a BSN first???? Any thoughts? I am planning on going the leadership and management route...and would LOVE someone to reach out too.
- Jun 21, '12 by Sweet_Wild_RoseSo who else will be starting with me on Monday? Just took a look at the syllabuses (syllabi?) for my two classes. Getting a little nervous and hoping I can handle it all!
- Jun 24, '12 by TIME-TRAVELERI heard that they are not board approved in their state. This means no board of nursing approval no licensure.
- Jun 24, '12 by Sweet_Wild_RoseQuote from TIME-TRAVELERWalden's masters program has been CCNE accredited since 2006 and is accredited through 2020. They do not offer an initial degree, meaning that one must be licensed as a registered nurse to complete their BSN completion program or any of their masters programs.I heard that they are not board approved in their state. This means no board of nursing approval no licensure.
Also, as of this posting you have 5 posts all saying this exact same thing, making me wonder if you have a personal issue with this school. Also, you can't believe everything you hear.
- Jun 24, '12 by WickedRedRNStarting tomorrow as well, enrolled in the MSN in Leadership and Management, transferring to the FNP program in fall. Hope to see you there! Message me if you want to exchange info?
- Jun 25, '12 by Sweet_Wild_RoseWhat sections are you in? I'm inLast edit by Sweet_Wild_Rose on Aug 11, '12
- Jul 1, '12 by Sweet_Wild_RoseWell, Week 1 is officially coming to an end. Who else survived it with me and is ready to tackle week 2?
- Jul 30, '12 by joyncaringQuote from prashPrash, Did you switch to Nursing Informatics?Which one has more scope? Education or Informatics? I am already started doing Education. Wondering if I should switch to Informatics.
I'm seriously considering the Nursing Informatics route and would like your input.