University of Phoenix MSN ProgramRegister Today!
- by bsweilrn Jul 6, '06
I would like to use this thread for all of us attending or having attended UofP.
I am going to begin classes in August of this year in the MSN/ED program.
I would love to hear from different people who are in different stages of the program and what they have liked and hated.
I AM NOT INTERRESTED IN HEARING FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT GONE THROUGH THE PROGRAM AND ONLY WANT TO SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT THE SCHOOL.
I hope other U of P alumni will get involved and help us with any sticky situations that arise and offer their wisdom.
- 91,745 Views
- Jul 7, '06 by traumaRUsI'll be glad to help. I did the BSN completion and MSN programs at UofP and enjoyed it. Let me know if I can help. Good luck.
- Jul 7, '06 by TrennaRNI am currently my second week of my first MSN class with UoP. I finished my BSN with UoP in November 05. I hope I can chat with those who are going through or who have finished as well. I look forward to chatting.
- Jul 7, '06 by bsweilrnSooo, What do you think about the class so far. What are the assignments like. Have you purchased a APA software package or a APA book?
What class are you taking?:studyowl:
- Jul 7, '06 by Ginger's MomI graduated in 1/06, I was pleased with the program, which is even better now since you can choose a concentration. APA I used reference software, as did many of my team mates, I also purchased the APA manual since not all the reference types are covered in the software.
Were two links that helped me.
Good Luck, alex
- Jul 13, '06 by military spouseHello,
Does anyone know the maximum amount of time one is allowed to complete the MSN program? I took one class about 6 months ago and am thinking of starting again, but am getting conflicting info on max time allowed. Thank you!
- Jul 13, '06 by Ginger's MomI was told 5 years from beginning to end. Alex
- Jul 13, '06 by bsweilrnTRENNARN
You are just the person I was hoping would join the discussion. How is the first class going? Are you taking the intro to Grad studies class?
What are the assignments like? What are the Prof's like(no names please).
Thanks for joining!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Jul 16, '06 by suniI finished my BSN from UOP last year and have 12 credits towards my MSN. The problem is that at my age, 50, I am not sure I want to continue for my MSN. Also I am not sure what I would want my MSN in that would make me the most marketable.
I loved the UOP program except for the team projects. Any input ?
- Jul 16, '06 by Ginger's MomI finished my MSN at age 49. While a BSN is wonderul, a MSN will open doors to teaching , program management, and adminstration. 12 credits is 1/3 of the way done.