Western Oklahome Intersession classes - page 6
by Simply Complicated | 8,637 Views | 98 Comments
Who has done these? I'm planning on doing the anthropology one on Christmas break to meet the cross cultural requirement. Any info on it? How hard is it to do?... Read More
- 0Nov 4, '12 by iwantmoreMy advisor told me that music at WOSC was acceptable. I think I'll try to do it during intersession, so that I don't have to take the 15 week course. I hesitate a little, as I keep thinking that it can't be so bad to take it for 15 weeks, how much work can it be for only 2 credits?
- 0Nov 4, '12 by Simply ComplicatedHoping I can come up with the money to pay for the class at Edukan. They have a 4 week cross cultural that starts in December, which would be good for me. I really don't want to wait until May for the intersession one. Then I just need to figure out where to do Chem, which I will do in the spring. Edukan only has 16 week for that.
- 0Nov 4, '12 by michelemybellQuote from Simply ComplicatedI'm just figuring out this Edukan thing. It's weird, you can only start the short 8 weeks classes at the end of the semesters. I need micro and chem. I can't swing 3 classes.Hoping I can come up with the money to pay for the class at Edukan. They have a 4 week cross cultural that starts in December, which would be good for me. I really don't want to wait until May for the intersession one. Then I just need to figure out where to do Chem, which I will do in the spring. Edukan only has 16 week for that.
- 0Nov 4, '12 by woodsyny, BSN, RNWish I had known you needed micro! Could of been in it with me now!. Simply complicated the tuition is $130/credit. So far my professor has been good and I am enjoying the class. Lots of work for 5 credits in 8 weeks but it will be out of the way! I can say I reccomend edukan. So far my experience has been positive and it is my first online class to get prereq's out of the way.
- 0Nov 4, '12 by michelemybellQuote from woodsynyI'm already starting nutrition and music tomorrow....can't add in micro right now! I forgot about Rio because they are a 2 year college and don't have the 300 level composition class I need. I guess I accidentally wrote them off. I'll check it out tonight. Thanks for reminding me woodsyny!Also did you try rio salado? It looks like they have a 3 credit chemistry class starting on 11/19 8 weeks
- 0Nov 5, '12 by Simply ComplicatedQuote from woodsynyThat was my original thought for Chem. It's between there and Oregon state most likely. I don't have the money to pay for it until like March probably though. Just went back to work from maternity leave, so my finances are crazy tight right now.Also did you try rio salado? It looks like they have a 3 credit chemistry class starting on 11/19 8 weeks
WoodsyNY you're in Micro through them? I think the only Chem I saw through them was 16 weeks. They are the cheapest, so I would love to do Chem through them, but doesn't look like it's offered. I'll have to double check though.
- 0Nov 10, '12 by woodsyny, BSN, RNAlso FYI my advisor told me general anthropolgy at WOSU would suffice for cultrual anthropology. Plan to take it at intercession along with nutrition and hope neither one are too bad. Trying to get prereq's out of the way before I start nursing courses. Almost half way through microbiology online. Then i will just have Stats,a writing course and a arts course to take.
- 0Nov 10, '12 by mtsteelhorseYou might check out this link as well for electives College Credit Courses | Online & Distance Education, UND
I just enrolled in statistics. I haven't started yet but will let everyone know how it's going as I proceed. Not super cheap tuition but may work out for some folks who need flexible time frames (like moi!).