Do techs deliver babies in L and D???Register Today!
- by prnqday Mar 8A girl I know keeps posting on Facebook saying how "delivers babies" at work.Then she receives all these comments like "you probably delivered my twins" or you're a great nurse. This girl is also a tech and often scrubs in the OR.
Excuse my ignorance but do techs and literally get to pull the babies out??? I want to call her out on it but thought I'd get the correct information.
I'm just sick of everyone claiming to be something they are not. Being seeing this alot lately and I'm a bit annoyed.
- Mar 8 by Sun0408I highly doubt any MD would let a tech deliver a baby. L&D has some of the highest premiums for insurance and the liability is huge. Things can go bad quick. No respecting OB or nurse would allow something like this. She might have been in the room at the time of delivery but that's about it.
- Mar 8 by KatieerinI agree with the posts here but it is possible even if rare. When i had my son a nursing student stood by my side the whole time she was amazing. She held my hand when i was scared, talked me through my fears, massaged me to prevent tearing. When it came time to push she talked me through it. She ended up dekivering my son while the doctor ran in the room.
- Mar 8 by prnqdayThank you for the input. Please forgive my OP, sometimes when I'm annoyed and venting I make many,many errors. I cannot count how many spelling and grammar errors I made.
- Mar 8 by KatieerinSame here. I have a small touchscreen lol.
- Mar 10 by Best_Name_EverI am an OB tech and nursing student. I can honestly say I have never delivered a baby (myself). In most cases the doctor is there...but on a rare occasion when the dr doesn't get there in time, a NURSE would deliver the baby. Never the tech. There is no way she is even qualified to do that....techs are basically CNAs.
- Mar 10 by prnqdayWhat if the tech scrubs in the or ???
- Mar 10 by sissiesmamaQuote from crazy&cuteRNI agree with pinknblue - and in the OR, still not likely, at least not in the L and D and C/S where I've worked.What if the tech scrubs in the or ???