plus size scrubs.
- 0Mar 15, '11 by NurseyPoo7So the local uniform shop here has decided to STOP carrying the required color scrubs our hospital requires nursing to wear. Not sure why-- seems bad for business.. not carrying the color scrubs most of your customers HAVE to wear?
Anyway, tried looking online for plus size scrubs. I like Dickies Hip Flip collection (I like the elastic waist and flared leg), but I can never find a website where they have anything larger than an XL in stock.
Anyone have any ideas?
- 0Mar 15, '11 by Mulanhttp://www.tafford.com/detail.htm?si...did=7&sdid=217
has plus size scrubs, even extended sizes, 5x-6x
what color do you have to wear?
- 0Mar 15, '11 by Forever SunshineQuote from slbiskerI have been wondering where to find DURABLE plus sized scrubs. Ones that I am not going to rip the crotch/butt out of in 5 weeks! Any suggestions would be great!
The dickies pair I bought that fit me perfectly ripped in the crotch (ok fine I had too many brownies) (and thank god it happened when I was getting into my car and going home)
But I understand your frustration because Life Uniform doesn't even carry that brand anymore!. I found another pair that fit similiar to Dickies..they are a little snug in the thighs but they aren't comfortable like the Dickies. Its the Life Uniform brand and they have a very starchy almost a denim feel.
- 0Mar 15, '11 by rainbowsandsunshineI wear a lot of the cherokee flex-i-bles line. I get them from amazon (Marcus Uniforms). Beware of the side pocket tops though.... it is not 2 separate pockets, it is one large pocket across your belly (like a hoodie sweatshirt pocket). I always buy the tops with the 2 patch pockets. They are pretty durable, I havent worn any out yet!
- 0Mar 15, '11 by SugarcomaI really like lydias uniforms, shipping is quick and you can almost always find a coupon code. They seem to have a good stock of plus size, unless something is on sale then it gets cleaned out fast! I have also used Uniformadvantage.com and Mynursinguniforms.com with success.
As far as durable scrubs for plus size that do not feel like potato sacks? I dunno. My beloved black label scrubs are no longer being made (Darn you Dickies!) but they were not so durable anyway. I just re-ordered several types to see what I like best. NRG and Greys are pretty comfy but as far as durability I'm not sure yet but they seem to be holding up pretty well. The Cherokee Touch I ordered are already pilling and showing signs of stress after approximately 5 wears, so I don't think I will order them again.
I was hesitant to order the NRG due to the fact that they are junior cut. I ordered in my normal size and they fit well, but everything sticks to them (fibers, dog hair, etc.).
- 0Mar 15, '11 by rn/writer GuideGoogle Marcus Uniforms. They carry the top name brands as well as some lesser known companies, and I think they go up to 5X in some styles. They also have sales.
I get most of my scrubs from Marcus, and I have been very pleased with their quality and the service, as well. Their prices and the shipping charges are reasonable, too.