Need some advice on my Dansko shoes!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Need some advice on my Dansko shoes! in Nursing Scrubs / Uniforms / Gear, part of General Nursing ... Hey everyone! I am a new grad that just passed boards like 3 weeks ago, YAY!! I just started...by savinglives33 Jun 30, '12Hey everyone! I am a new grad that just passed boards like 3 weeks ago, YAY!! I just started working this past week! I purchased my Dansko shoes right after graduating because everyone I have talked to loved theirs and say they are the best for support. About 6 to 7 years ago I broke my left foot playing basketball on the 5th metatarsal. After working 3 straight days and wearing my Danskos my left foot was killing me, very achy feeling. As the day went on I felt like my left shoe was a lot snugger on my foot than my right one. My right foot felt great and the shoe slipped forward and back like they say they are suppose to. When I got home, the knot on my left foot where i previously broke it was big. The next day I went to work and wore tennis shoes and my left foot didnt hurt at all. Does anyone else have a problem like this? I love those shoes and I dont want to not wear them. Does anyone think it is a support issue? Is there something I can do, or wear with the shoes to make my foot not hurt?
I hope someone may have some advise, because my Danskos are adorable and I want to continue wearing them!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=751375©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,656 Views
- Jul 2, '12 by PlumeriaSunHonestly, I've found that Dansko clogs hurt my feet. After a while I started wearing athletic shoes over my Danskos, way more comfy and made my feet less achy.
- Jul 2, '12 by Ruby Veei love my danskos -- i don't wear anything else. i have dansko sandals, boots and even high heels. but they're not for everyone, and maybe they're not for you.
- Jul 2, '12 by CrazierThanYouYes, remember, everyone's feet are totally different. I think Danskos are like standing on the words hardest concrete floor but others love them. I love Crocs but a lot of people don't like them. Many people wear athletic shoes for work, that KILLS my feet.
So, maybe Danskos aren't for you?
- Jul 2, '12 by jodiw4572CONGRATS on passing the boards! There's a new brand of shoes coming out in the Fall: www.4eursole.com.
- Jul 6, '12 by KaylaBabyBelleThe first two days I wore my Dansko's, my feet hurt so bad it felt like they were bleeding! My feet were even swollen, and the left foot was worse! Not to mention they were ridiculously scuffed (we have to wear white shoes, totally was not my choice to get all white ones)! I was so furious! Never in my life have I spent so much money on a pair of shoes, because I thought they would be the most comfortable and supportive with me being on my feet all day. Anyway, I've wore them since and it's like I've broken them in. They don't hurt my feet anymore and I got MOST of the scuffs with a magic eraser, but not all. I even took back to the store where I got them and showed them the scuffs. They tried to get me to buy a bunch of shoe repair stuff and I told them I wasn't buying anything unless I knew it would work with as much as I've already spend on these ridiculous shoes! She tried everything and nothing worked. She simply said white is the easiest to scuff... ):
- Jul 6, '12 by lynn3566I did the same thing. The second I got my license I bought myself a pair of dansko clogs. I loved how they looked but they were not comfortable after a long day. No to mention the height of the platform would give way for my whole foot to tilt sideways and inward causing me to stumble with my ankle hitting the ground.. kinda like wearing heels that are too tall. (wierd right? maybe im just not used to heels) Not to mention that they are not convenient to run in during an emergency. It felt like I had to grip my toes in them to keep them from fallin off.. kinda like sandals. I gave them up finally and went with a pair of super cushiony sneekers with arch support. My feet feel great after a long day. And let me tell you.. I rarely get a second to sit so thats quite an accomplishment.
- Jul 6, '12 by Ruby Veeas much as i love mine, danskos aren't for everyone. you have to wear what makes you comfortable.
- Jul 6, '12 by JEN077I really like my Alegria clogs, you may be able to try some of those. very comfortable.
- Jul 8, '12 by FORTHELOVEOF!!!!Mine hurt my feet for about 2 weeks, they have a higher arch than I was used to but after the two weeks they were great, no pain at all! Maybe take your tennis shoes with you and try wearing the Danskos a half day and tennis shoes the rest and work up to the full day.