Best Nursing Shoes/Sneakers - page 2
by gladtobeOB 126,018 Views | 76 Comments
Please tell me what kind of work shoes are the best. I am in desperate need of a comfortable supportive shoe. Thanks... Read More
- 6Feb 15, '12 by CountyRatYour work shoes should be the best fitting, most comfortable footwear you own. Fit is much more important than brand. Each company sizes their products slightly differently, and the most popular brand will not fit all feet equally well. A great shoe that is too tight, or that slips, slides, and gives you blisters, is not a great shoe for you. The most common mistake is buying shoes too small. Your feet "spread out" during a long shift, so the size that works for everyday wear may be too small for work. I suggest shopping after you have finished a shift, when your feet are "big." And, never buy a shoe with the expectation that it will stretch after you buy it. Your shoes should feel great the first time you wear them. If they do not, keep looking, regardless of how well rated the brand is.Last edit by CountyRat on Feb 15, '12 : Reason: Spell check
- 1Feb 15, '12 by merrywhiteroseNurse Mates! I got a pair from my kids because my feet always hurt. My feet NEVER hurt now! Below is the link to the pair I bought. They look like they have high heels, but in fact they don't. It's all cushion. Also, I can slip them off easily if I want to.
Dove - White - Nurse Mates Womens
- 0Feb 15, '12 by ksdmom
- 2Feb 15, '12 by Hancock330
- 0Feb 15, '12 by Don GlovesTry the ones recommended from the other posts, as it all depends what's comfortable for you. I have a somewhat flat foot and wear Danskos for the awesome arch support. Other than being exhausted, nothing hurts at end of shift--not my feet, back...nothing. Unlike tennis shoes and Crocs, Danskos are a sturdy, solid shoe that really protect your foot from accidental roll-overs, and make it easy manipulate a stubborn brake. Also, get some good socks (like running socks) or wear support knee highs. Yes, they can be $10 a pair, and the shoes are $100+, but when you're on you're feet all day, you need to make the investment in your comfort and well-being.
Danksos are available in narrow widths if this is an issue for you. They have a patent leather animal print, and a ruby red patent that reminds me of Dorothy's magic shoes.
I loved the Z-Coils but they weren't narrow enough for me. Be careful with Z-Coils if you are in the OR, or any area of the hospital where there may be lots electrical cords on the floor.
- 2Feb 15, '12 by MrChicagoRNI wear a good quality walking or running shoes, usually new balance for me.
Different shoe companies use different shaped lasts so one company may fit you better than another.
Any company capable of outfitting tens of thousands of runners should easily be able to keep your feet happy for 5 miles a day
- 0Feb 15, '12 by bradleau