I passed NCLEX recently and I am in the process of finalizing my resume for a job search
I am finding new grad resumes are very different from resumes for other professions. In my opinion, they are simple without exaggerating or highlighting past experiences that are not related to health care. Being a new grad with no prior healthcare experience, that is a significant issue for me. (I'm prepared to experience difficulties until I find a job.)
Also I've seen conflicting opinions about whether or not to include "objective" and "school clinical experience". I would like to include them if they aren't making it look worse.
This is the current copy, which was simplified a lot from the previous version.
I would really appreciate it if anyone could offer inputs to help me increase the chance for getting job interviews
for any acute bedside positions (med-surge, cardiac, neuro, oncology...).
Thank you very much!
ABC ABC, RN
1000 ABC Rd. City, State, Zip
Phone: (100) 100-0000, Email: ABC@mail.com
To obtain a registered nurse position that will allow me to grow professionally and provide excellent patient care.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS:
Registered Nurse - State Board of Nursing (1/2013)
BLS for Healthcare Providers (2/2013)
Diploma in Nursing - ABC School of Nursing, City, State (12/2012)
Bachelor of Science in Finance - ABC University, City, State
- ABC Hospital, Medical/Telemetry Unit, City, State (10/2012)
- Refined assessment skills, medication administration, care planning, and patient/family education.
- Acted as advocate for patients/families and as resourceful team member along with hospital personnel leveraging strong interpersonal skills.
- ABC Hospital (Medical/Surgical, Telemetry, ICU, Acute Rehabilitation), DEF Hospital (Medical/Surgical), Levine Children's Hospital (Progressive Care), GHI Hospital Maternity Center, JKL Hospital (Psychiatric).
Order Specialist - ABC Company, City, State (11/2006 - 11/2010)
- Processed orders for sales team and customers while ensuring accuracy, complying with guidelines, and troubleshooting time sensitive issues.
Sales Support Coordinator (Temporary) - ABC Sales & Marketing, City, State (3/2006 - 6/2006)
- Managed high-volume customer accounts and provided superior customer service to ensure needs of vendors and sales personnel were met.
Facilities Coordinator - ABC Corporation, City, State (2/2004 - 9/2005)
- Maintained office facilities and services. Planned and implemented short and long term facility improvement including complete office relocation, inventory management and vendor relations.
Server - ABC Restaurant, City, State (5/2003 - 2/2004)
- Worked collaboratively with other servers, kitchen staff, and management with emphasis on team work and customer service in an extremely faced-paced environment.
Mental Health Association of ABC, INC., City, State (05/2006 - Present)
- Participate in friendship and socialization program for mentally disabled adults.
ABC's Lunch Place, City, State (5/2003 - 8/2005)
- Supported kitchen operation and daytime shelter services for homeless & low income female clients and their children.
ABC General Hospital, Volunteer Department, City, State (11/2003 - 2/2004)
- Assisted with clerical duties.