If you could please look at my resume. I really stink at making resumes. Plus right now I do not have the money to invest in resume writing course. I am trying to get everything lined up and ready for when I graduate my RN program. Thanks ahead of time for any help.
Licensed Practical Nurse
| LPN with experience.
| -- Medical Billing & Coding
-- Medical Records Management
-- Data Entry (75 WPM)
-- administering prescribed medications
| -- Bookkeeping & Filing
-- Taking Patient Vitals
--preparing and applying dressings
| -- Patient Education
-- HIPAA & JCAHO Knowledge
- Oct. 2011- Jan.2012
- Taking vital signs
- Giving medications via oral, intramuscular, and subcutaneous route
- Preparing and administering injections
- Applying dressings and bandages
- Treating pressure sores and other skin breakdowns
- Monitoring patients and reporting changes
- Monitoring the patient after the administration of medications
- Supervise Certified Nursing Assistants
- Providing the patient and/ or family with general and basic health teaching
Chilis Bar and Grill
Waitress, Feb.2003- Dec. 2005
- Overall responsibility of ensuring that patrons have an exceptional dining experience.
- Checking customers' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Interacting with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Explaining how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods. Communicating with customers daily specials, preparing checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Preparing and serving specialty dishes at tables as required.
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Claims/Customer Service Representative Nov. 1999- June 2002
- In-depth knowledge of health insurance policies and their strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and a good team player.
- Proficient in multitasking.
- Ability to work under stress.
Patient Care Technician, Medical Surgical Unit
- Performed procedures such as blood glucose monitoring, EKG's, inserting and removing catheters, and removal of IV's per nursing instructions.
- Provided basic care to patients such as bathing, grooming, dressing, feeding, assistance ambulating, etc.
- Obtained specimens, weights, and vital signs of patients
- Measured and recorded patient's intake and output
- Monitored patient conditions and reported changes to nursing staff
- Reacted calmly and effectively in emergency situations, and added the personal, caring touch that immediately put patients at ease
- Helped implement practice's quality assurance and control program. Efforts ensured compliance with HIPAA, CLIA and OSHA regulations; improved patient care/satisfaction.
American Heart Association
CPR Certified for Healthcare Provider
RN- Nursing College
Associates of Applied Science in Nursing
Anticipated Completion Date: May 2013
Nursing Student Government member
Peer Tutor in Fundamentals of Nursing, Medical Surgical, Labor and Deliver, and Pediatric Nursing
LPN- nursing school
Practical nurse completion -June 2011
Licensed July 2011- LPN #
National Honor Society nominee and member
Vice President of Nursing Student Government
NURSING STUDENT/CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
Ped's Hospital- NICU-12 hrs
Ped's Hospital- Emergency Center -12hrs
Hospital name - Labor and Delivery- 72 hrs
Hospital name -Telemetry Unit -80hrs
Hospital name-Medical Surgical// Orthopedic unit-64hrs
LPN- total of 675 on site clinical hours as a student
Ped's Hospital- medical surgical unit-48hrs
Hospital name -NICU-24hrs
Hospital name -Labor and Delivery-12hrs
Hospital name- Medical Surgical unit and Telmentary