Straighterline courses - Page 4Register Today!
- Nov 19, '11 by LunahRNQuote from ktmccallContact the school you want to accept the credits -- they are going to be the ultimate (and only) authority on what they accept.I'm sorry to open a new thread but I am concerned about Straighterline classes transferring to the schools I'm applying to. Does anyone know much about this? I am hoping to get my ABSN from University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and I REALLY need biology done before Feb. 15th. Any advice?!
- Nov 19, '11 by ktmccallThanks so much.. will do that on Monday!
- Nov 22, '11 by ParamedicFNPwantabeWhere do you take your final exams? Is it just online or do you have to go to a testing center?
- Nov 22, '11 by ktmccallJust so everyone knows for future, I contacted UW Oshkosh about Straighterliner and they DO NOT accept these credits. They said they can work with CLEP (testing out of subjects) but not ACE accredited transfer credits. Too bad because it seemed like a good deal to me!
- Nov 22, '11 by romsteadThe all test including the final are taken at home on the computer.. you have a time line but very very doable.. I completed my A&P one with lab and A&p two with out lab in 6 weeks.. and EC took the credits.. the lab kit comes in a box and cost about 200 bucks but it was a slam dunk for credits. you have to work at it but it is a very very doable corse a great way to get A&P out of the way
- Nov 23, '11 by LoMoQuote from romsteadThe all test including the final are taken at home on the computer.. you have a time line but very very doable.. I completed my A&P one with lab and A&p two with out lab in 6 weeks.. and EC took the credits.. the lab kit comes in a box and cost about 200 bucks but it was a slam dunk for credits. you have to work at it but it is a very very doable corse a great way to get A&P out of the way
Will course credit be accepted by Excelsior College prior to enrolling with them? Which pre-req course credits will I need for the RN transition program. I phoned EC yesterday, but can't get info from them until I pay out $975-for enrollment fee. I clepped Nursing Concept 1 in 2007. Now they have added a 2 credit college math and Nurcing Concept 2 (Health Differences).
Thank you !
- Nov 23, '11 by LunahRNLoMo, if you go to EC's publications page, you can find this information. Log in, go under the "resources" tab, and then under "Learning Resources" look for the link to downloadable documents. Click on "Fees, Financial Information & Forms," and there is a document called "How Much Will Your Excelsior College Associate Degree in Nursing Cost?" That should give you an idea of what you'll need. Also, you CAN submit an application to the school for $75 that will result in a transcript review -- that is when they will tell you what you need, it doesn't cost $975 to find out.
- Nov 26, '11 by Twincities75well do u have to be enrolled at Fort Hayes physically to have them transcribe the courses from straightline? Please help
- Nov 27, '11 by zcoq72mehsthanks to all who shared insight into this resource.
it would be a good deal for any college who would accept.
i wonder if WGU would consider these, as somebody posted that question in another thread.
i was skeptical