online rn to bsn programsRegister Today!
- by Lee3 Dec 16, '10Hello all,
I am looking into online rn to bsn programs. I have looked at un. of phoenix, chamberlin, and kaplan. I was wondering if anyone has any comments as to their experiences as these schools. Also, I was wondering if anyone had completed programs at these schools and gone on for msn. My question is to whether these schools BSN degrees and credits are excepted at other universities. I really appreciate any input you could give me.
Have a great day!
- Dec 16, '10 by LunahRNIf you do a search of this forum, you'll find a lot of information. Good luck!
- Dec 17, '10 by suhliri also checked into these schools when i first thought about going back for my bsn. unless reimbursed by your employer, these schools are very expensive. i just completed ohio university's online rn-bsn program. i really enjoyed their program and i couldn’t beat the price: it's about 50 hours and about $5,850. check out their website at:
bsn degrees from ohio university and the schools you listed would be accepted by a masters program. i currently just applied for a masters program at the university of cincinnati and didn't have a problem what so ever.
- Dec 17, '10 by TheCommuterI'm closely looking at the online RN-to-BSN program at Oklahoma Wesleyan University because the requirements seem very manageable (no foreign language, no chemistry, no statistics, etc.). It's also CCNE-accredited. I'm also looking at Excelsior's RN-to-BSN program.
- Dec 18, '10 by BluegrassRNFort Hays State University. Accredited, has both a brick and mortar and an online program. Has been offering distance learning for RN to BSN and BSN to MSN for decades.
- Dec 18, '10 by 2be1nurseI am an International student currently studying in the US on F1 student visa. I got my RN license in California and now I have to go on for BSN as it is minimum requirement for Foreign nurse to get work permit. Has anyone any idea of what options I have as to Online RN-BSN?
- Dec 19, '10 by Streamline2010Penn State | Earn a nursing degree or certificate from Penn State online is Pennsylvania State U's program.
- Dec 29, '10 by mtsteelhorseSuhlir, can you tell me more about your experience with OU? I am seriously considering their program. Can you tell me about the degree of difficulty, transferring credits, etc? How long did it take you? Did you take Stats through them or elsewhere? Thank you?
- Dec 29, '10 by GrantG85I am also interested in OU, and how people's experiences have been. I can find little info about these online programs, mostly vague info that I can see on their site. I am interested in knowing how manageable the courses were, and most importantly if the online courses tend me be geared towards purely writing papers. That is not what I want to get myself into what so ever.
Thanks for any input
Enjoy your new years
- Dec 30, '10 by mtsteelhorseIf you call OU directly they can answer all your questions. They were very helpful and courteous. I'm very encouraged. I applied and will see if it all comes together. Good luck!