Online LVN to Rn
- 0Sep 24, '10 by Ashley tI have been enrolled in excelsior college I just feel that is is a money pit and I will never finish! I was looking at Lamar State CollegePort Arthur online LVN to Rn program. I want to know if anyone has done that program before. Or any other college that anyone has attend online.
- 5Sep 24, '10 by BrewerRNI graduated from Excelsior in 2003 and caliotter3 is right. You really need to buckle down and focus so that you finish in a timely manner. Graduation is possible. I did it in 1 1/2 years and that was working full-time as an LPN the while time. You have to be dedicated. I even passed NCLEX-RN with minimal number of questions the first time.
- 0Oct 1, '10 by JMWilson08I agree with the other ladies. I am doing the Excelsior program and I have times where I get lazy, but I remember I have to buckle down and get everything together to finish. How long have you doing Excelsior? How many classes do you need? If you need someone to study with, let me know. I'm doing A&P, Micro and the nursing exams. Good luck!
- 0Oct 14, '10 by agldragonRN GuideQuote from ashley tthat is why you need to motivate yourself and finish as soon as possible. the earliest you finish, the less money you spend.i have been enrolled in excelsior college i just feel that is is a money pit and i will never finish! i was looking at lamar state collegeport arthur online lvn to rn program. i want to know if anyone has done that program before. or any other college that anyone has attend online.
i enrolled last year and signed up for a now defunct promotion where if you finish in less than a year, all the nursing exams (including repeating an exam) plus the fcca, and graduation fee are all included in total of $1600 i believe. plus $2000 for the cpne. so that's $3600 for the program. i finished in less than a year but of course i had extra expenses for other materials such as study guides/books for the exams, hotel and cpne workshop, and other related cpne expenses. so maybe less than $6k for me. plus my job will reimburse me for that $3600 (just submitted the forms and now waiting for the check).
not bad especially now that i am an rn, my job will upgrade me from lpn to rn pay which is extra $10k+ a year. a good investment if i may say so.
good luck with whatever program works for you.
angel, rnLast edit by agldragonRN on Oct 14, '10
- 0Oct 17, '10 by agldragonRN GuideQuote from svdbygrace0976it was for me. but i had all my pre-reqs done (except growth & development) prior which i took from my community college because i wanted to make sure ap i/ii, and micro transfer to whatever rn-bsn program i choose. i also had a lot of general credits completed from my previous degree (computer science) so excelsior accepted those. these general classes/pre-reqs will add thousands of dollars if you are starting from scratch with excelsior. i also signed up with a now defunct promotion where it would save you thousands of dollars if you finished in less than a year, which i did.wow......$3600 - $6000 for the program through exclesior? that is cheaper then me going to my community college. is is costing me $9800. now has any of you gotten any finanical aide? or is this all out of pocket?
$9800 for your lpn-rn bridge? that's pretty reasonable! i did not get any financial aid but my job is reimbursing me a portion of the tuition.
what school is this $9800 if you don't mind me asking?