I am just sick!!
- 0Oct 22, '08 by TIN65RNHi everyone,I am having a really bad day,I applied for my CPNE Aug.26 at the NPAC (so I thought)!When I called to see how far the scheduling was,I find out on the MPAC list for Ohio only!
I thought that you can apply to as many of the testing sites that you wanted.Today they told me you can only apply one RPAC at a time.So,when I hit the submit button,it kicked out all of my choices except my last one,Ohio.
Now,I had to switch my application over to the NPAC and start from scratch!So I have basically been waiting 2 mos. for nothing....I am just sick over this...lately with all that is going on with EC,I am beginning to have second thoughts....
- 561 Visits
- 1Oct 22, '08 by kate930Oh how frustrating and disheartening! Sorry this has happened.
I appreciate you posting about your experience. It just seems like they should have an option that you could accept the first available testing date at any and all testing sites, if that was your preference. I know that students can choose to receive last minute dates in case someone drops.... it just seems like the same concept could apply for all testing sites and not just one when applying for the CPNE.
Well, hopefully all this will quickly be forgotten for you when you hear you've passed the CPNE!
Best wishes and lots of luck!
- 1Oct 22, '08 by Pixie.RN Asst. AdminUgh, I'm sorry. But you'll get a date faster with NPAC than any other RPAC. Yes, you can only apply to one RPAC at a time, which really should be spelled out on the application (maybe it is, I don't remember?). This is also why it is important to check your "CPNE Application Status" page on the MyEC portal after you apply -- it's good to make sure everything is accepted and that you're actually in the pipeline. I know a few people who assumed that their documents had all been received, when they actually hadn't.
- 0Oct 22, '08 by TIN65RNThanks Lunah,
Perhaps it does say You can only apply to one at a time,but I did not see it,and have no way to check if it did.I do check MY EC page everyday.All of my documents were accepted on Aug.26,but it doesn't say where they were accepted.Should it?It does't say much of anything else.
I know the NPAC is quicker,that is why I called today,I thought I should be getting a date soon,imagine my surprise!!
I was told to call back tomorrow to talk to a schedular,so I will see what happens then.I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will have sympathy on my poor soul....
- 1Oct 22, '08 by Pixie.RN Asst. AdminNope, I don't remember if mine said where I had applied, or whatever ... it's been a long time! But I was just saying that in general, to all CPNE applicants, that it's a good idea to check that page! And calling your RPAC after a week or two is probably a good idea, in light of what happened to you!
- 1Oct 22, '08 by txspadequeenRNsorry to hear this but i bet you get a date alot faster at the npac than the mpac...even after starting over on the list. have you talked to them maybe they can offer you a date sooner if you call. i know several people on here that got a date sooner by calling....:wink2:
- 1Oct 22, '08 by Baloney AmputationYou WILL get a date faster on the NPAC list. I applied for all sites in Wisconsin (all five of 'em) and am still waiting. My app was approved May 19th. You will have a date sooner than me, I'm sure.
It was extra study time for you, right? I'm sorry you're in this mess, but it will all work out in the end.
- 1Oct 22, '08 by txspadequeenRNi just got off the phone with them( like 10 min ago) and they are scheduling the first week in june now...you need to call them...
Quote from applescruffetteyou will get a date faster on the npac list. i applied for all sites in wisconsin (all five of 'em) and am still waiting. my app was approved may 19th. you will have a date sooner than me, i'm sure.
it was extra study time for you, right? i'm sorry you're in this mess, but it will all work out in the end.