Excelsior's Microbiology examRegister Today!
- by NC Girl BSN May 26, '08If you took this exam, what did you use to study for it? Did you buy the recommended book or did you buy TCN. Please advise. I need to take this exam because CC is not offering it in the fall. TIA.
- May 26, '08 by SuesquatchRNNCgirl, I took gerontology through Excelsior. The only thing I've used for any of their exams are the recommended texts.
- May 26, '08 by LunahRNI read "Microbiology Demystified," then studied from a TCN study guide, Lisa Arends' notes, and the actual textbook when I didn't feel I'd learned something well enough. I also did the EC practice exams.
I'm never a good one to answer these questions because I love to have a bazillion study sources! LOL!
- May 28, '08 by Medic2RNI used the textbook only. The guideline/syllabus followed the book chapters exactly.
I made notecards as I read through it and studied from them. I got an A and considered the test the most direct out of any of the EC exams.
- May 28, '08 by AbersmomI take this exam on Saturday...but I've been using Lisa Arends disc, Micro Demystified, and occasionally the text. There was also some really good online outlines from some college that I had printed out. I think I googled, "Intro to Microbiology" and some online resources popped up. I took the first practice exam and got a 65 (last week). I plan on taking the B form tonight. I'm getting really nervous, b/c I am in a traditional program, and if I don't score above a C on the exam, I have tot ake the course over the summer...YUCK!!!!
- Jun 2, '08 by LunahRNCongratulations!! Great job!
- Mar 29, '10 by shea203would you drop me a email i have some questions for you
- Mar 30, '10 by ndragonflyI recewntly purchased the sudygroup101 for the microbiology & A&P.....they are very thorough. I haven't takent he exams yet but am highly impressed with the notes/study guides from them and the prices are fair