CPNE Wait Time UpdateRegister Today!
- by LunahRN Feb 15, '08I just received this email from Excelsior:
A number of students have expressed a desire to shorten the length of time they wait to be scheduled for the Clinical Performance in Nursing Exam (CPNE®). The faculty at Excelsior College has heard your concerns.
In an effort to accommodate increased student testing, the faculty is implementing strategies to increase access to the CPNE®, thereby decreasing the “wait time” of our students. Thus far, these plans are being implemented at the NPAC and MPAC test sites. In each of these centers, additional sessions of the CPNE® will be added in June, July and August. Recognizing that summer is a busy time for many, a number of these sessions will be held during the week (i.e. Monday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Friday).
There's more to it (about being ready by the summer or adding yourself to the cancellation list, or taking a workshop, etc.), but that's the thrust of it.
- Feb 16, '08 by akaniniThat sounds like good news. Best of luck to you on your CPNE!!!
- Feb 16, '08 by NC Girl BSNI just went and registered and held me a spot for June 4&5 at Lynn's workshop and bought the DVD and care plan book. I'm sure I won't be called for the summer considering I have not finished,but I might be called before the first of the year. How scary!:uhoh21:
- Feb 16, '08 by FocusRNWOW!!!... This sounds so great and is so becoming reality. I have NC 4,5, and 6 scheduled for march (I'll probably move 5 up to this month if someone cancels). Then, I'll just have a few CLEPs to complete, before I'll be CPNE eligible. This time is going by so quickly, and I m getting so scared, but still excited.
- Feb 20, '08 by LunahRNI think it's great that they're addressing the issue ... I'm sure the CPNE wait time deters potential students.
The time does fly, doesn't it? I can believe it's already been 3.5 months since I applied! Yikes.
- Feb 20, '08 by BetterMeRNNot to jump the gun but, are the wait times pretty much the same everywhere. If I'm in NY and want to take the test in GA is it a shorter wait time?
I've heard that some sites are better than others, a friend of a friend took hers in GA because she failed in NY. She claims they were cruel in NY, and in GA...well she claims they had that southern hospitality thing going.
- Feb 20, '08 by LunahRNI think the wait times are about the same everywhere, but I think they might get shorter in NY because it's part of the NPAC, where they'll be implementing the weekday CPNEs. The only place they're not yet implementing weekday CPNEs is the SPAC, which includes Georgia.
I've heard only good things about the NY sites. I did hear bad stuff about Plano, but recently many people have passed there and said how great everyone was. So I tend to take things with a grain of salt, because I feel like the site doesn't matter so much as the students' preparation.
- Feb 21, '08 by Nursingchicka21i live in florida but worked in some hospitals in NY..some of the ones where they do the CPNE..so i hope to go up there because ill feel more comfortable....and i also did clinicals in some of them when i was doing a nursing program in albany...but ive only taken one test so far so i have time..lol
- Feb 23, '08 by gradyrn2b08I live here in Georgia and like many others I am waiting on the dreaded CPNE date. It has been 4 mths since i submitterd my application. I have a number of friends that have taken the test here and have had a good experience. On the other hand I know of someone who took the exam here and in Racine and she failed both. BOTTOM LINE!! Study the manual, regardless of where you test, if you know the study guide inside and out you should be able to pass regardless where you test.
- Feb 23, '08 by gradyrn2b08Just to add to Lunahs message regarding more CPNE test dates. According to the e-mail this currently only applies to those folk in the Midwest or Northeast. The SPAC has not commited to adding more dates. Shout to Lunah you are too funny!:chuckle! GOOD LUCK WITH CPNE!!:bowingpur