What to wear to an "Open House Interview Day"Register Today!
- by coopman712 Sep 25, '12I plan on attending an open house/open interview day for a local healthcare system. Sounds silly but what should I plan on wearing? I don't have a suit. Thanks for any recommendations!
- Sep 26, '12 by hey_suzNow might be the time to get a suit! It will be good to have for other interviews too.
Otherwise, nice pants and a sweater or blouse- very conservative, neutral colors in a flattering shade.
- Sep 27, '12 by heron21Definitely invest in a decent suit, in black or navy, or other neutral color. Assuming that you would be a similar size, that suit will be timeless that you can wear over and over for professional meetings, like interviews! Good luck to you.
- Oct 1, '12 by missladyrnYou need a suit! Go to Nordstrom's and get a real suit with alterations to fit you perfect. I did this when I graduated from nursing school and it really makes you feel confident going to the interview looking sharp. I did get mine on sale it was an "out of season" or "last season" but it is navy blue and will last for years. You really need to do it as an investment.
- Oct 6, '12 by Inoriyou will be wearing a suit even if its 100F out there not debatable. a full interview suit with tie if you're a man and lite make up if female, complete with waxed shoes, interview portofolio with lots of resumes and a big smile. I really feel that this is what set me a cut above the rest of the applicants that day it was 97F and I came in full interview gear while other applicant wore slacks shirt no tie, casual shoes, sat in the lobby playing w his phone while waiting his turn. I got the job.
As an interviewee your uniform is your suit sure you'll see some people show up with flipflops and jeans which is better for you because now you'll look even more professional.