I accepted a job offer at a hospital 1 wk ago, but am now having second thoughts. The job is in my current specialty, and over the past month or so I have been thinking about switching specialties.
A day after I received the offer, a co-worker suggested I check out another hospital and that they might hire me into the new specialty. I've sat on it for a week, but I can't stop thinking about changing specialties, "what might have been," and worrying that I will be going into a new job already wanting out.
The pros of the job that I accepted are that it's a 9-5ish gig, no weekends or holidays, a fair amount of autonomy, and it's at a large teaching hospital where I would not want to burn my bridges.
I am trying to decide whether or not I should go down to the HR department of the other hospital to pursue a job I applied for online, as suggested by my coworker (she thinks they will hire me)...
This would potentially put me in the position of having to rescind my acceptance at the other job, if I got an offer from the 2nd hospital. I am scheduled to start the first job in a little less than 1 mo.
Thoughts? Should I pursue the 2nd job?