I just got offered a part time job (60 hours every 2 weeks) in the ER yesterday. I called HR back today and pretty much told them I would love the job but I would have to talk to my DON tomorrow to put my 2 week notice in and then I would call her back and tell her my last day. She said I would either start on the 23rd of October or November 6th. But my problem is Monday I had a job interview
for full time telemetry and I called them today and told them about my job offer. She said Friday after 1 they would know for sure because she has 2 more interviews and obviously can't guarentee me the job right now which I understood. Both are through the same hospital so it would be the same HR lady calling me and offering me the telemetry job if i got it. So when I figure out my last day and call the HR tomorrow should i mention to her about the telemetry job and see if I can wait to see if I get that or should i just forget about it and stick with the ER job. I absolutely love the ER and I'm surprised I got the job because I'm a new RN (3 months) worked as an LPN for 3months before then so not that much experience but its part time and I'm nervous with no ER experience except clinicals they would eat me alive. I love telemetry too and thats full time and I would so much experience there before moving eventually to the ER. So professionally what should I do? Ask if they can wait till Friday or just stick with ER???