Experienced RN cant find a job??? I thought there was a shortage??? - page 2
Hello I am new to this site and have a question for all those other frustrated unemployed RNs out there. I have been an RN since 1995, worked for 5 years and then took off to travel with my family. I always kept my licences... Read More
- 0Jan 23, '13 by LadyFree28Quote from dspaccThat is CRAZY...but I've been hearing that from a nurse we just hired...no recent acute experience=don't apply...although she did not have no trach/vent experience. I'm in Philly, and at the agency I work for 5 trach/vent nurses who had 10 years home care, returned to acute care children's hospitals...2 went to a NICU.I am on long island NY
Yes 13 years NICU and 10 years peds homecare =nothing around here
- 0Jan 27, '13 by Williams75I have been trying to come back to ICU for 2 years now. No Luck.i had to wait a year to have an interview for a med-sug position in a hospital. I know a lot of people at bedside but I could not so far translate that into a good situation. I was out of nursing due to a high risk pregnancy. I was on bed rest and all. I am starting to feel bitter about it.
- 0Jan 27, '13 by MrChicagoRNExperience is definitely a plus. The last nurse I hired has at least 20 years in. However, stability is also important. "Working every few years" is not a plus in the eyes of the recruiter. Why hire and orient someone who's not likely to be around very long? See if your resume can be tightened, and maybe consider agency work. Good Luck
- 0Jan 27, '13 by AF-WifeI thought I was the only one having this issue! I'm getting so frustrated and annoyed filling out these online applications, to just get rejected. I know I've been out of a hospital setting for two years but I was a nurse for a U.S. military clinic overseas, for about a year and its only been 9 months since I stopped working. Many times, these nursing agencies does not even consider my recent experience since it was not here in the U.S. I'm to the point where I want to give up but than I can't imagine doing anything else but nursing.
- 0Feb 23, '13 by Williams75Philly is a strange place. I am looking for a position in ICU for 3 years now. I worked in a large university hospital for 3 years in SICU. I have to say that I was out out nursing due to medical reason for a year but my experience seams totally irrelevant in this market. I am happy that I have a job in the least 2 years but I really would like to come back to ICU.
- 0Feb 23, '13 by LadyFree28Quote from Williams75Some places have hiring freezes. One Heath system had a freeze lifted and just contacted me by email. It really depends. I say check the local Children's hospitals as well. I was hired as a new grad with a co worker who has Adult ICU experience...the rest of us had Peds experience.Philly is a strange place. I am looking for a position in ICU for 3 years now. I worked in a large university hospital for 3 years in SICU. I have to say that I was out out nursing due to medical reason for a year but my experience seams totally irrelevant in this market. I am happy that I have a job in the least 2 years but I really would like to come back to ICU.