Unorthodox Interview. Help!!!Register Today!
This is a discussion on Unorthodox Interview. Help!!! in Nursing Interview Help, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I've been volunteering at this hospital for about 6 months now. I work a full 12 hour shift...by jeangarc18 Jan 12I've been volunteering at this hospital for about 6 months now. I work a full 12 hour shift essentially precepting with another RN. After half a year I thought I'd gone unnoticed.. Until finally half an hour before my shift ends the unit secretary pats me on the back and says that the director is on the phone for me. I thought I was in trouble. She actually called to set up an interview with me next week on Wednesday when I'm back on the floor. She said she didn't need anything from me... And she'll just come grab me some time during the day. This is not quite the interview I'm used to as I won't be able to dress professionally nor did she ask for any of my papers (letters of rec, transcript, resume... Etc.) I will try not to be a hot mess when she comes but taking care of people... Kinda makes me sweat. Literally. Any ideas how to calm the nerves, take care of my patients, and still look professional/presentable in my ugly volunteer outfit?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=807853©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,625 Views
- Jan 12 by merleeYour volunteer outfit will not be 'ugly' to her! She has probably received some very good info about you already. Do not be concerned about how you look, just be upbeat and calm, and keep in mind - - SHE came calling for YOU!
- Jan 12 by adnrnstudent"Unorthodox" interviews are my favorite.
- Jan 12 by JustBeachyNurseCongratulations. Bring your paperwork with you and have it as much of a professional presentation as possible. Clearly you have made a positive impression.
- Jan 12 by nihaojailanyou won't be ugly in your volunteer outfit! it's part of the team's uniform, oh and make sure not to kid about wearing an "ugly" volunteer uniform. Try to tie your hair as neat as possible before you meet her.. And just talk about how you've truly enjoyed the nature of your job! good luck! you've got this one!
- Jan 12 by Inorigood luck! wow lucky you. ah if it helps bring a small pocket comb, bobby pins, lipstick so a 2min a quick bathroom visit should have you interview ready in no time. I had one of those lol my interviewer the ADN was watching me from the sidelines all the while as i was the only volunteer in that program who was a nursing student, and then nurse as i passed my nclex. Oh i didn't know who she was and my first meeting with her was right outside the restroom .. someone glared at me so i turned around loked and introduced myself. haha. maybe she desprately needed to go too and i just skipped the line
- Jan 12 by Orange TreeDon't get a skull and crossbones tattoo on your face between now and then. Otherwise, no worries!
- Jan 12 by jeangarc18Thanks everyone! I definitely will omit the ugly volunteer uniform comment. :P
- Jan 13 by Maria L, BSNCongratulations and good luck!! Have your resume & cover letter with you, ready to go and I think you'll do awesome. They saw something good in you, so you have a great chance!
- Jan 13 by JZ_RNShe knows you'll be in your uniform and probably a little tired and no one looks great after 12 hours!
Just remain calm and positive, obviously someone has said something good about you to her because you know they don't come to the units often.