Thank yous after interviewsRegister Today!
- by Gbfan12 Aug 7, '12If you interview both with HR and a nurse manager from a floor should you write a thank to both or just the NM?
Both were really great and I figured I should to both but wasn't for sure.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=768245©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 662 Views
- Aug 7, '12 by nooneelseI would write to both since they both interviewed you. Couldn't hurt
- Aug 7, '12 by CapeCodMermaidI'd send a note to each one. You never know if that note will be the one thing that gives you an edge to get the job.
- Aug 7, '12 by eleectrosaurusyup both, i just sent 4 TY's for a single interview. panel of 3 + hr
- Aug 9, '12 by zooey563Hello everyone! I have my first interview coming up on Friday. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to give the person interviewing me a handwritten thank you note that very same day instead of mailing it.Last edit by zooey563 on Aug 9, '12 : Reason: spelling error.
- Aug 9, '12 by Gbfan12Quote from zooey563I don't know that I would give it the same day if you are meaning exactly after the interview finishes. In my opinion a thank you should be given at least a few hours after the interview at a minimum and before 2 days had passed. I think the interviewer wants to see that you have had time to think about and reflect on how the interview went and if the job seemed right for you. That way you will be able to write a thoughtful letter taking into account all you have learned by meeting with that person.Hello everyone! I have my first interview coming up on Friday. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to give the person interviewing me a handwritten thank you note that very same day instead of mailing it.
If you want to do this so that they will receive it quicker than in the mail I would email a letter if you are able to and have their email address. That's how I sent my letters.
Good luck with your interview.
- Aug 9, '12 by CapeCodMermaidI have always sent my thank you emails the same day as the interview if I really wanted the job. If I didn't think it was going to be a good fit, I'd wait a day.