Interview today did i blow itRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Interview today did i blow it in Nursing Interview Help, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I interviewed today for PACU position and nervous I blew it she only has. 3 question for me was...by nursingsteph0716 Jan 23I interviewed today for PACU position and nervous I blew it she only has. 3 question for me was very casual and she spent most of interview speaking about hospital and pacu and what's upcoming. I'm nervous about this change in general it's a little pay cut but day shift and new expirrence am I crazy I can't sleep. Freaking out . Any thoughts
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=810462©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,245 Views
- Jan 23 by missnurse01good luck! you never know
- Jan 23 by atlnurse477Just dwell on positive thoughts! I believe in law of attraction, it might work for you too!Best of luck!
- Jan 23 by vapontHow do you know you ruined it? Can I ask what hospital it was?
- Jan 23 by kona2Fingers crossed for you! Good luck
- Jan 23 by HouTxSounds like it was someone with not a clue as to how to conduct an interview - LOL! I have taught this "skill" in management classes for a long time and one of the things I tell participants is "you should be talking less than the candidate you're interviewing". My organization uses a behavioral interview structure, so it's a more consistent process with better outcomes.
Don't worry. That type of "interviewer" considers it a success if you're a good listener and pay rapt attention to everything they say...
- Jan 23 by jujubeeeYah I'm curious as to why you think you blew it. Good luck nonetheless!
- Jan 23 by 2boysmommaOh my gosh I had a very similar interview today. I felt like I hadn't said enough for her to get a feel for who I am. I kept waiting for the interview part to start and the next thing I knew she was talking about contacting references. It's a weird feeling indeed. Did they say when you can expect to hear back? Wishing you luck
- Jan 29 by piggypopI think it sorta depends on what exactly you said and how you felt. If you said a few positive things and she was explaining positive things, I wouldn't think you were doomed.
If things go a step further, before taking the job I'd ask to shadow someone and get a feel for the nurses do on a normal day. (As a nursing student I had a chance to observe a PACU unit, and I thought it was a nice place to work within the hospital. c: ) But if you're so nervous, you definitely want a good feel for what it'll be like--it's what you'll be doing!
The above advice can be used if you happen to look at other jobs too.