Are you a new informatics nurse? - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 2 by samchloeQuote from jennyseyI need all the resources and networking to expand my skills in informatics. I advocate for patient safety with the use of HIT.This couldn't be further from the truth. As hospitals are racing to meet Meaningful Use requirements, Nurses with tech experience are at a high demand! In addition, the installation of an EMR is only the tip of the iceberg. It is the upkeep of evidence-based medicine, Clinical Decision Support and training that will be where we can help the most. I would not be looking for a job with vendors. Instead, we need to be the agents of change that propose Clinical Informatics Departments to do the research involved in keeping our EMRs relevant, safe and cost-effective.
- Mar 2 by itfeelsgr82savealifeHow long have you guys done bedside nursing before you transitioned to informatics?
- Mar 2 by ccweisbardFor me it was 12.5yrs
- Mar 18 by OFLRNI am late, but I am in
- Apr 2 by RN1023I plan to start a nursing informatics master's program this fall, but I am having a tough time deciding what to do. There is a great school nearby that offers a master's in information systems (non-nursing), and I am highly considering going. I just don't know if this degree will help me because it's more involved in the IT world, or hinder me because it's not a nursing degree. I currently have a bachelor's in nursing and no IT experience.
- May 3 by Sadieanne7I recently graduated with a Master's Degree in Nursing Informatics. I have been working as a nurse for two years and I have been looking for an informatics job for a few months now. Most employers would like five to seven years of experience. Informatics is a great field and I hope that this will change.