Nursing in northern communities - page 2
I am looking for a nursing position in a northern community--i would like an experience which provides a certain degree of training/orientation I am open to any advice/interested in hearing others experience I work in intensive... Read More
- 0May 26, '10 by gillmeI am very interested in nursing in the remote communities, as I have heard there is a tremendous amount of experience gained and it is very interesting environment to work in. However, I will be graduating as an RPN next year and I was wondering if they take RPN's up north as well. Does anyone know if an RPN can find work up there?
- 0May 26, '10 by janfrn Asst. AdminNow, are you talking Registered Practical Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse? It's possible that the communities with full-scale hospitals in them might employ practical nurses, but the outposts and remote health centres will not due to the scope of the job. You might check with FNIHB (Federal Non-Insured Health Benefits, the program that administers to aboriginal communities) and see what they say.
- 0Jun 2, '10 by mi8kaliHello,
I am also intersted by Community Nursing in First Nations Community in Northern Ontario.
I aleardy sent my application to HR office and I am waiting for them?
Do you know how long takes the hiring process for FNIH ?
And how their interviews sound like?
- 1Dec 28, '10 by loriangel14 GuideYou would have to go through the process to obtain a Canadian nursing license. You would have to contact the college of nurses(our licensing bodies are called colleges) for the province/territory where you wanted to work and have your education and experience evaluated.Part of the process of becoming licensed in Canada includes writing and passing the CRNE. BSN is required for nursing licensure in Canada.
- 0Dec 28, '10 by janfrn Asst. Adminrnsonia, basically if you meet the criteria for hire listed in the job description (experience, specialty training, current licensure in the province etc) you would be considered as no different from any other applicant. As loriangel14 said, you'll have the usual process for obtaining your registration first, but you would not be treated differently once all of that is done.