Job Prospects in Toronto for New Grad RN - page 3
by kate.l | 17,769 Views | 41 Comments
Hi, I will be graduating from nursing this summer and am looking to relocate to Toronto in August/September 2011. With all the shortages of nursing jobs around Canada, I wanted to get an idea of what the job prospects are for... Read More
- 0Aug 16, '11 by Fiona59It all depends on where you live in Alberta. Calgary and Edmonton are no longer as inexpensive as they once where. Some of the bedroom communities are even worse (yes, St. Albert, I'm looking at you).
AHS is a strictly on line process.
All the AHS jobs and many of the LTC ones are unionized. It's the not-for-profits that are non-union, and they usually are pretty close to union wage.
- 0So I graduated at Ryerson 2011, and recently just did the CRNE this October 2012. It's been more than a year and there are a lot of job openings in various establishments. I have tried many times to apply and tweeked my resume and cover letters yet I get nothing in reply. I feel like as each day passes I am getting farther and farther away from starting my career. I do try to study and keep up with what I have learned but it is completely different from having a current hands on experience. What do I do to make myself more applicable with these job openings. I also have dropped in resumes with HR and Unit Managers to no avail.
Anyone with experiences in getting out of this so called "rot" that I'm in?
- 0If they would take someone who doesn't have much experience aside from my clinical experience, yes I would move anywhere a job is offered. I am mainly looking in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) at the moment since I did try to look up any jobs outside the province but there isn't much that is offering any housing discounts.
- 0BCH, yes. RVH, is that the one at Barrie? I'm currently using Workopolis and RNAO and mainly going to each hospital's websites to see if they have any ads. It must be my resume or cover letter that's turning them off or just the fact that I've graduated in 2011 and I am just currently looking for work.
- 2Feb 21, '13 by Fiona59Quote from electricblackHow are you explaining that missing year? Did you travel, volunteer? If you did something mention in in your cover letter.BCH, yes. RVH, is that the one at Barrie? I'm currently using Workopolis and RNAO and mainly going to each hospital's websites to see if they have any ads. It must be my resume or cover letter that's turning them off or just the fact that I've graduated in 2011 and I am just currently looking for work.