You know you're a nurse if... - Page 6Register Today!
- May 3, '12 by rgroyer1RNBSNYou beleive there is a special place in hell for the inventors of the press gainey survey and all er/ed nurses know what I am talking about.
- May 3, '12 by Purple_ScrubsQuote from Epic_RNI often get my nursing terminology and my foster parent terminology mixed up. My social worker used to give me very strange looks when I talked about the MAR and care plan (Med log and Plan of Service in their terms). Now she's just used to me I have to be very conscious of not writing my med logs in nursing terms...they have no idea what q or PRN mean!When you ask your significant other if he gave cold medicine to your son and he replies "It wasn't on the MAR" -- and he's not a nurse lol! True story, happened tonight when I got home from work
- May 3, '12 by sharpeimomwhen your husband tells you he's supposed to take a current meds list (or fax it) with him to the vascular specialist
he's just been referred to and you not only suggest faxing it but make the list for him. he looks at the list and asks
whether the nurse will know those "weird" words. words like "prn" and "bid" and "tid"... also "qd" "hs" just to name a few.
oh... she knew!Last edit by Joe V on Sep 27, '12
- May 3, '12 by Scrubmouse RNWhen you're cleaning up a major code brown and wonder what's for lunch while your stomach's growling
- May 3, '12 by hhurleyYou're 4 year old knows all the bones in the body (while I was in A & P) and when he started kindergarten he was telling his class about skin assessments and care planning and medication administration, to the point that I got a phone call from his teacher about words she didn't understand
- Quote from hhurleylmaoyou're 4 year old knows all the bones in the body (while i was in a & p) and when he started kindergarten he was telling his class about skin assessments and care planning and medication administration, to the point that i got a phone call from his teacher about words she didn't understand
- Quote from rgroyer1rnbsnnothing personal but don't get me started with the press ganey surveyyou beleive there is a special place in hell for the inventors of the press gainey survey and all er/ed nurses know what i am talking about.
- these were given to me by my several nurses where i work...
on your day off, you made sure that everyone follows the schedule at your household, plus your cell wallpaper has florence nightingale's image.
you don't get excited about blood loss ... unless it's your own.
you live by the motto, to be right is only half the battle, to convince the physician is more difficult.
you've basted your thanksgiving turkey with a toomey syringe.
you believe not all patients are annoying ... some are unconscious.
you believe every patient needs tlc: thorazine, lorazepam and compazine.
- May 4, '12 by RNSCYou know you are a NICU nurse when the scrawny little preemies,(you know the ones that look like naked baby birds) are cuter to you than the full term chubby cheek "normal" baby
- May 4, '12 by RNSCYou know you are a nurse when you answer your own cell phone, "This is the nursery. I'm RNSC. How can I help you today?"
Its happened more times than I can count.