You know you're a nurse if... - Page 20Register Today!
- Feb 18 by maelstrom143[QUOTE=jere_76450;7177844]Quote from qestoutOMG...LOL...me too! Gotta have my paper scraps, otherwise I just do not feel rightWhen you look like Columbo--patting every pocket looking for the vitals list--while muttering "I know I have it here somewhere". (you have to be older to get this one [/
Still do it.
- Feb 18 by woohThey always say when transitioning to an electronic medical record that you'll no longer need your brain, but I've yet to see a system that can substitute for it.
(And well, I mean your paper brain sheet when I say, "brain." But apparently some people think you no longer need the brain in your head either once you transition to the computer. Definitely haven't haven't found THAT to be true!)
- Feb 18 by maelstrom143...when your first grader's teacher calls to request a meeting due to your child having a meltdown after another child touched him with dirty hands (child had licked his own fingers/hands)...I have three kids...it happened with all three.
I thought it was funny. My hubby? Not so much.
They each carried a mini hand sanitizer in their backpacks...Last edit by maelstrom143 on Feb 18 : Reason: additional info
- Feb 22 by beckster_01I used to be a little on the squeemish side when I was young, particularly when it came to things like pulling out splinters. Now I take great pleasure in pulling out things that don't belong- lines/IV's, foleys, NG's, packing from a juicy, deep wound, and yes, even the occasional splinter. You name it, I'll pull it!
- Feb 22 by beckster_01^ I'm not a fan of pulling rectal tubes though...
- Feb 25 by woohQuote from brilloheadI hate when I go to restaurants that have PLASTIC straw wrappers! How do they expect me to get it off?You know you're a nurse when you put a straw in your fast food drink, then look down and realize that you did that "leave the end of the straw wrapper on the tip of the straw" thing to your own drink!
- Feb 25 by brilloheadQuote from woohI poke it out the end, scrunching the plastic up accordion-style, until it's close enough to the end that I can get the straw to drop out. Everyone else LOLs at me while I'm doing this, of course.I hate when I go to restaurants that have PLASTIC straw wrappers! How do they expect me to get it off?