Share Your Saying - page 4
by angelique777 | 89,335 Views | 434 Comments
i find that a lot of people who post have a lot of great saying attached to there post for example like "i am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how i react to it." (charles swindoll) if you want to make god... Read More
- 0Jul 21, '05 by VivaLasViejas, ASN, RN GuideQuote from Dancehall DoctorI love Southern-isms too!I am a big fan of Southernisms! Here are a few>
Any faster she'd catch up to yesterday.
Sick as a dog passing peach pits.
"He's so confused, he don't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his butt"
"His brain is so small, you could put it in the butt of a gnat and it'd roll around like a bean in a boxcar"
"Time marches on......and pretty soon you discover that it's marching right across your face"
"If you have a home that's mobile and five cars that ain't........YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK!!" :chuckle
- 0Jul 21, '05 by gauge14ivYou should have heard all the nurses laugh at me when I was visiting someone in the hospital in Maine and went to the nurses station to report that her IV bag was "Dry as a bone" - We say that all the time in Texas...apparently they don't use that in Maine!
I had to interpret... :chuckle
- 0Jul 21, '05 by BrotherbobCommon sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work.
Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something.
Pancho Villa, last words
- 0Jul 21, '05 by cloudydrmsThis aren't lovely quotes, but they are funny Southernisms:
(To be used after someone's had a particularly rough night)
Your eyes look like two pi$$ holes in the sand.
Busy as a cat covering up s&*t
Dry as a popcorn fart. (As in "Man, it sure hasn't rained in a while" "Yep, it's dry as a popcorn fart.)
- 0Jul 21, '05 by Peaches N L&DWe had to wear a pin for an nicu show of support from a rep and it read "Meconium happens"
We call our hysterical mom's HLF's (hysterical latin females).
On the board we write A la casa- this pt is being d/c'd soon.
Next to some pt's names we sometimes draw lips on double doors (this meant the pt was kissing the OR doors-not progressing in labor and will most likely be having a c/s).