Oops! I always go home with...Register Today!
- by shescoolie Jan 16, '12What's the most common, weirdest, funniest things you always forget to take out of your pocket before you leave and end up going home with?
Me, I aalways go home with a floor supply of alcohol pads and gauze. The other night I went home with a blood draw set, complete with needle, tourniquet AND red top lol. How did I not feel that?! :spin:
- Jan 17, '12 by PixiesmomAlcohol pads, tape rolls, and 3mL flushes.
- Jan 17, '12 by meatherI've gone home with a whole container of glucose strips, cans of shaving cream, and the usual alcohol pads, flushes, gloves. I also compulsively stick vial lids in my pockets and have a collection going. I don't know what I'll do with them.
- Jan 17, '12 by ChrissyRN74Quote from meatherI've seen some of the coolest badge holders made from vial tops. My daughter just loves when she finds the flushes I forget to take out of my scrub pockets. They make great bath/pool toys!I've gone home with a whole container of glucose strips, cans of shaving cream, and the usual alcohol pads, flushes, gloves. I also compulsively stick vial lids in my pockets and have a collection going. I don't know what I'll do with them.
- Jan 17, '12 by noahsmamaI started to make it a habit to empty my pockets each night before I left, because prior to that I occasionally came home with some of the patients meds! Most meds were in single dose containers, but things like ointments or eye drops were not. If I took it home with me, that meant that the oncoming nurse would have to enter a "missing dose" in the computer so that pharmacy would send up more. I didn't want to make extra work for anyone, so I started to be extra careful about emptying my pockets.
- Jan 17, '12 by CelticGoddessI had an empty eye drop bottle, a vial of glucometer strips, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, alcohol preps, and my favorites have to be: the keys to the med cart and the glucometer. That ticked me off, I had to drive back to work to take that stuff back!
- Jan 17, '12 by LoveMyBugsUsually alcohol wipes and moist towlettes (for cleaning Gsites) one time I took the treatment cart key home. Came home threw off the scubs into the laundry basket without checking the pockets, and my cell died so I didn't get the message untill the next day that I took the key home...Oops!
- Jan 17, '12 by GitanoRNi always come home with all kinds of supplies from work, however, i use them the next day. moreover, some of the supplies that i don't return are like a great pen from a rep. although, just the other day i came home with 2 fleet enemas, i was already on route in my car when i felt the 2 enemas in my pockets