You know you worked too many shifts
- when you think about taking a short nap at the 8-minute redlight on the way home.
- When you take off your shoes and steam comes out.
- When you have to peeeeeeeeel your socks off.
- When your DH makes coffee and you wish he could make it like the hospital's coffee.
- When you start to think that the hospital's food is really pretty good, all things considered.
Last edit by UM Review RN on May 15, '09
May 17, '09
by Elvish, BSN, RN Guide
I've put the cereal in the fridge and the milk in the pantry more times than I can count.
I've completely forgotten to put toothpaste on my toothbrush.
I don't sit down before I jump in the shower, because if I do there will be no prying my butt off the couch. (not to mention the ick factor of hospital cooties on my furniture!!)
What really twerks me off, though, is coming off my last shift and then dreaming about work all freakin' day! I thought I left that hellhole!
Last edit by Elvish on May 18, '09