Confess! Whats the craziest force of habit you've done in the "Real World" - Page 14Register Today!
- Dec 27, '10 by LifesAJourneyI LOVE this thread!
I'm really excited about what I will encounter in my nursing career! I can't wait to develop these habits lol.
- Dec 27, '10 by LifesAJourneyI'm a cna, so my habits are pretty limited so far, but I do empathize with all the door knockers
Even when the room is empty, I still knock hahaha. It happens too when I go and get something from the supply room!
I value lotion more than the average person would. When you are washing your hands 89,393,847,755,758 times per shift, your hands can get pretty dry. I NEVER leave the house without my own personal bottle of lotion.
PENS! I'm always carrying at least an extra pen around just in case one of the nurses needs to "borrow" one. That is usually the last time I ever see it lol!
- Dec 28, '10 by mushrooms4I play with my boyfriend's veins all the time. Don't even realise I am doing it. I also fell asleep on the toilet at work one day (In my defense, I was new to night shift and having a hard time resting enuf during the day because I had a toddler at home.)
- Dec 28, '10 by mushrooms4Oh yeah, I forgot the lotion thing, I buy lotion every time I go to the store. Can't get enuf of it. I have 5 bottles on my bedside table. 3 in my purse. 4 in my car. I am a nut, but there are many like me.
- Jan 23, '11 by nursejess2007I sat up in the middle of the night yelling to my husband "we need to take him for a stat CT!"
My husband not in a medical profession was like "what the heck are you talking about?"
- Jan 23, '11 by AcrylicI have a habit of randomly stroking my left boob when I want to know the time, assuming my fob watch will be there.......
- Jan 24, '11 by RescueNinjaI too am guilty of everything that has been mentioned. Especially signing "R Ninja RN" or "...R~" when I notice lol.
I also wake up in search of call bells, vent alarms, and cardiac monitors. One time I was on the couch "just resting my eyes" after a 12 hr day and my oven timer went off and I asked hubby to just go silence the IV pump and I'd be there in a second to change the bag!
I often wake up and notice the time and then have a mini MI trying to figure out if it's AM/PM and desperately checking to make sure work hasn't called wondering why I didn't show up for a shift.
I also monitor my furbabies' intake and output and their BMs. I ask hubby about his BMs, but he's an aide so he knows lol.
I'm a vein-gawker too.
I'm also one of those "mean" aunts that thinks it isn't serious unless there's bone or brain sticking out.
I am constantly grabbing myself in public too when looking for keys, pens, gum, etc.
- Jan 24, '11 by manjaNurseWhen my infant had his routine immunisation injection, I was holding him and explaining to him what the nurse is doing and what will happen next. The nurse looked at me and asked, 'Are you a nurse too? I've never heard any parent explaining an injection'.
- Feb 1, '11 by LibitinaQuote from franciscan gypsyI have been told not to do this too. Kinda spoils the whole programme when I've diagnosed them 10 mins inYup, Yup, Yup. (Except I work Med Tele!)
My Dad told me to not talk during HOUSE today b/c I was trying to diagnose the prob with House & team. So I stopped verbalizing it & just had the conversation with them in my head.
I'm sure House & Co could have benefited from my input!
- Feb 1, '11 by SignorinaLast week, i wanted to wash out rice that was preboiled in hot water! I figured i couldn't dip my hands into the hot water, I absentmindedly went into my room, put on a pair of latex gloves. As I was about to dip my gloved hands into the hot water, it struck me that Gloves are for universal precaution, not protection from Burnt!!