Charting Bloopers - Page 63Register Today!
- Oct 25, '11 by sairin8Yep. As the M.O. reading it said, "Interesting". Admittedly, that seemed to be his favourite word, lol
- Oct 29, '11 by rainfallrxQuote from DoubleblessedRNI once picked up a pt from LTC who pulled out and damaged her PEG tube. The narrative area on the transfer sheet stated, "PEG tube busted. Please replace."
I also once saw eurosepsis and hyperpotassemia written in a chart.
What the??????? Lol.
- Nov 6, '11 by just keep swimmingWhen reading one of the dictations on a patient with a buttonhole being used for hemodialysis I read, "pt currently using BUTTHOLE on left upper arm AVF". LOL! We were laughing about that one for weeks!
- Nov 19, '11 by al586I'll admit to one of my own charting mistakes....
The computerized charting in our facility uses a standard assessment form for PT, OT, & Skilled Nursing, so we have to list the department for which we are charting. And, thanks to my mediocre keyboard skills, skilled nursing became:
I'm never going to live that one down....
- Apr 13, '12 by CrazierThanYouYesterday, at the hospital, I was reading a patient's H&P. The following was charted:
"The patient is homeless, severedly depressed and was talking to his hands. He is incompetent of urine. He was admitted from jail but the reason he was incinerated is unknown."