Recruiter Asking For a Call After InterviewRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Recruiter Asking For a Call After Interview in Nursing First Job Hunt Assistance, part of Nursing Career Advice ... Hi everyone! I have never applied or interviewed at a hospital before. I applied online. Then the...by ClassyChristina Jan 29Hi everyone! I have never applied or interviewed at a hospital before. I applied online. Then the nurse recruiter called me to have a quick over the phone interview. Then a few days later she called me to set up an interview with the nursing manager. The nurse recruiter emailed me the information and then asked me to give her a call to talk about the interview after it happens.... to talk about how it went.
Is this normal protocol? Was she just being friendly or do you think calling her back after the interview is a "test"? Maybe I am over thinking and just have nerves... but is this normal?
Thanks for reading! My interview is tomorrow, wish me luck!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=812088©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,200 Views
- Jan 30 by Orange TreeI had one do the same thing, and I also thought it was very strange. She did kind of give me tips on what they might be turned on/off by before the interview, so I thought she might be gathering information to help future candidates as well? I'm not sure...
- Jan 30 by amoLuciaYour calling back might be an example of your ability to followthru as directed by the recruiter.
It also may be that a decision has been made at the interview and it is the recruiter's responsibility to inform you of any decision/outcome made, or if further appts/information are needed, or they're still interviewing, etc.
Whatever you do, follow her directions and call. Good luck!
- Feb 6 by ClassyChristinaThanks everyone! I did call back the next day and we just talked a little bit about the interview... she told me she would call me back after she talked to the manager to see if I could come in for a peer interview or not... Well she called! & I am going to a peer interview. Hopefully that goes well!
- Feb 8 by amoLuciaGood luck!
- Feb 12 by ClassyChristinaTurns out calling the nurse recruiter and building report with her worked! As well as going through several interviews... : ) I got my first job as an RN in an oncology unit! Couldn't be happier! : )
- Feb 18 by Orange TreeCongratulations!