Question about what to expect for a ER interview?Register Today!
- by RNonelove Aug 6, '12Hey everyone! I have a question regarding what kind of questions would they ask me during a ER interview. I am a new grad and it's my first interview! After trying hard after 6 months. I was hoping if you guys could help me out on how to prepare for it. What type of questions? Any advise? Thanks!
- Aug 7, '12 by dawnrayThey will probably ask for your strengths and weaknesses. Also, I've heard that if they ask you any questions regarding an example of a situation (stressful, coworkers, errors, etc.) to come up with a specific example! Not coming up with an actual situation is somewhat of a red flag! So, make a list If scenarios you experienced in clinicals and be prepared. Practice!
- Aug 7, '12 by RNoneloveThank you for your help! I will definitely take a note of the and make a list of questions.
- Aug 8, '12 by Dpeterson777So, my cousin is an RN in the ER and she was on the panel to interview new grads at her hopsital. She told me to study major cases like Abdominal Aortic Anuerysms, Stroke, MI, Abdominal pain, DKA, Trauma, spinal cord injury. I googled everything I thought was major, life threatening and read up on nursing care for each. On my latest interview they did not ask one single situation question like this! They asked things like "Tell me about yourself," "What do you know about our hospital," "Tell me about a time a patient was upset and yelled at you," "Tell me about a tough decision you had to make." What I did to prepare was google "behavioral style interview questions for nurses." This helped tremendously. You really do need to have real-life examples of situations. That is what they are going to ask you for. I went on several interviews while in nursing school prior to practicing this style and THEY ALL asked this style of question. Best of luck to you!
- Aug 10, '12 by RNoneloveQuote from hnguyen509Hey so I had my interview and thank God it went well! They actually asked a bunch of behavior situational like questions nothing had to do with the other type . One was give me a time when you saw an ethical issue... Tell me when you had to this and that,.. About conflicts .. Another tell me when you had to critically think ...thanks for the lucks! Def appreciated !
Be confident and good luck ! Please let up know what they ask you.
- Aug 10, '12 by RNonelove[QUOTE="RNonelove"]
Hey so I had my interview and thank God it went well! They actually asked a bunch of behavior situational like questions nothing had to do with the other type . One was give me a time when you saw an ethical issue... Tell me when you had to this and that,.. About conflicts .. Another tell me when you had to critically think ...thanks for the lucks! Def appreciated the reply that I got from here was what def helped me ! Thank you! You gave me the idea to google some example questions .. And I brainstormed and practiced.
- Aug 10, '12 by Dpeterson777Yay!! Hope they pick you! Interviewing can be SO stressful. Keep us posted. Now for the waiting game!!
- Aug 15, '12 by RNoneloveJust a little update! I got the job! They offered me the position ! I am so excited! And nervous and scared! I can't wait! Now the next step is to try my best and learn as much as I can! Thank you for all your support and luck!!!!!
- Aug 15, '12 by justinpark09I knew it.. haha. U're awesomeee !! Congrats!